Chapter 33 ྿ 1970

Steve jumped over the rest of the stairway after reaching halfway. You did the same and followed behind. "Are you okay?" He asked you once you landed and you nodded to him. A police car could be heard in the background as Tony spoke up. "Cap! Y/n!" That's when you both turned to look over at him. Him and Scott were sitting in a car that was dusted with pieces of cement as Scott's face didn't look that happy.

"Sorry, Buddy, we got a problem." Tony started to say. Scott scoffed and turned his head slightly. "Yeah, we do." He replied. After they told the both of you what had happened, Steve sighed after you did and started to speak up. "Well, what are we gonna do now?" He asked. "You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk." Tony said.

Scott scoffed again. "You said that we had one shot." He started to tell you all and you crossed your arms. "This, this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six Stones or nothing. It was six stones or nothing." Scott added. "You're repeating yourself. You know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony told the man. "You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself." Scott repeated making you roll your eyes and face palm yourself. "Dude. Come on!" Tony replied.

Steve sighed and looked around to see if there were anyone coming but wondering why they were acting like kids fighting over something being full aware of the situation. "No. You never wanted a time heist. You weren't on board with the time heist." Scott said.

"I dropped the ball." Tony replied.

"You ruined the time heist." Scott added.

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah."

"Guys.." you started to say as your left arm was over the front part of your body as your right elbow laid on your left hand and your right hand was where your head leaned against. "Are there any other options with the Tesseract?" Steve asked as he stood beside you. "No, no, no, there's no other options." Scott spoke out. "There's no do-overs." He added and you told him to relax but just got snippy and Steve butted it by telling him to stop. "We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it. All right. We use that, bye-bye, you're not going home." Scott mentioned.

"Yeah, well, if we don't try...." Steve started to say, getting tired of Scott's outburst. "Then no one else is going home, either." He added in a bit of a lower voice; his normal talking tone instead of a loud one he was using a minute ago. Tony placed the helmet he had in his hands down as he stepped out of the car saying I got it. He looked at both you and Steve. "There's another way to retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles. Little stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State." Tony finished saying and you had a feeling you knew what they were talking about after seeing the reaction Steve had from the response. You knew the Garden State was New Jersey.

"When were they both there?" He asked Tony after sharing a look with you. "They were there at a time... I have a vaguely exact idea." Tony said and Steve made a face. "How vague?" He asked the man. "What are you talking about?" Scott asked and you glanced over at him. "Where are we going?" Scott stammered out after. "I know for a fact they were there." Tony said and you looked back over at him. "Who's they? What are we doing?" Scott asked two more questions, still confused.

"And I know how I know." Tony finished off. Steve took a breath as he looked behind him just in case. "Guys, what is it?" Scott asked again. "Looks like we're improvising." Steve stated and Tony glanced at you. "Great." Tony said. "What are we improvising?" Scott asked once more. Steve went over to the confused man and handed over the scepter. "Scott, get this back to the compound." Steve told him. "You're coming with us." Tony told you and you nodded. "Suit up." Tony told both you and Steve. "What's in New Jersey?" Scott asked them but they didn't listen.