Chapter 32 ྿ That's a little bit harsh

Frigga was walking down the halls of the Asgard's palace with a few others around her. There was a feeling she couldn't shake off so she stopped immediately and turned to face the women around her. "My Ladies, I'll see you after." She told them and they nodded their heads. "Go on ahead." She added before they left her there.

Walking towards a certain area, she passed right by future Thor. He was watching to see if she would've spotted him and made sure that didn't happen; but leaning back against the pillar thinking she was gone, he was startled when she was standing beside him. "What are you doing?" She asked him as he screamed which caused her to shriek from being startled by his actions. He gasped and took a step back.

"Oh, god!" She said. "You're better off leaving the sneaking to your brother." She added as she pointed a finger at him. "No, I wasn't sneaking. I was just going for a walk." He tried to lie so she wouldn't suspect anything. That's when she took in his outfit and how he appeared. "What are you wearing?" She questioned. "I always wear this. It's one of my favorites." He tried telling her. He cleared his throat as she placed her hand on the side of his face.

"What's wrong with your eye?" She asked him when she got a better look of it. "Oh, my eye." He started to say and it could clearly be heard that he was trying not to tear up from seeing his mom again. "It's the... uh, you remember the, uh, Battle of Harokin... when I got hit in the face with the broadsword?" He told her with a small chuckle. Shaking her head, she knew. "You're not the Thor I know at all, are you?" She told him.

"Yes, I am." He tried to lie. Taking a step closer to him, she spoke "The future hasn't been kind to you, had it?" He scoffed softly. "I didn't say I was from the future." He said. "I was raised by witches, boy. I see with more than eyes, you know that." She mentioned. His eyes got watery as he looked at his mother a bit longer. "Yeah, I'm totally from the future." He told her as his voice broke slightly. "Yes, you are, honey." She reassured him. "I really need to talk to you." He said and she smiled softly. "We can talk." She replied and they shared a hug with one another as a tear slipped from Thor's eye.

Birds chirped in the distance as Jane started to wake from her nap. Getting up from the little bed, she started to walk towards the bathroom. That's when Rocket could be seen sneaking up as quietly as he could behind her with the tool that would supposedly take out the stone they need.

"His head was over there... and his body was over there." Thor started to tell his mother. He shook his head lightly as he scoffed. "I mean, what was the point? I was too late." He added. "I was just standing there. Some idiot with an axe." He finished. "Now, you're no idiot." Frigga started to tell him. "You're here, aren't you?" She questioned, trying to state a point. "Seeking counsel from the wisest person in Asgard." She added.

"I am. Yes." He replied as he took a sip of his drink he now had in his hand. "Idiot, no. A failure? Absolutely." She mentioned. "That's a little bit harsh." He told her. "Do you know what that makes you? Just like everyone else." She responded. "I'm not supposed to be like everyone else, am I?" He uttered in question. "No." She said in reply as she shook her head lightly and pulled some of his hair away from his face.

"Everyone fails are who they're supposed to be, Thor. The measure of a person, of a hero... is how well they succeed at being who they are." She finished telling him as he nodded. "I've really missed you, mom." He finally said and she nodded knowingly before moving him closer so their foreheads could touch.

Rocket started to run from where he currently was as the tool was still in his hands. That's when he yelled out. "Thor! I got it!" He called out as guards could be seen chasing him. "Get that rabbit!" One guard yelled out.

Thor now stood near an open door like area as he mother walked up across from him. "Mom, I have to tell you something." Thor started to say. "No, son, you don't." Her reply back was. "You're here to repair your future, not mine." She added. "This is about your future." He tried telling her, wanting to warn her about the incoming fate that was in store. "Uh, it's none of my business." She replied.