Chapter 35 ྿ It's My Duty

Once everyone got back inside, Tony was working on making a glove to hold the stones with Rocket in his left and Bruce on his right. He had to make sure that the robot that he was controlling was careful with the placement of each stone. You were talking with Bibi as Eva was training with your brother and Loki was having a word with his brother. Bibi mentioned about a new suit for you that she was able to make herself.

Right when Tony carefully placed the Stones on the glove and released a breath of relief, Rocket thought it was the best opportunity to scare them by saying boom. They jumped of course but gave him a look afterwards. Rocket chuckled mischievously as Tony got off of his chair to get the glove from the other side.

Both Tony and Rocket were placing the new glove in a near box looking object; letting it scan. "All right, the glove's ready." Rocket told Tony. "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" He asked afterwards. That's when Thor stepped up. "I'll do it." He said. "Excuse me?" Tony replied in question. "It's okay." Thor told him. By now, Steve, Clint, Loki, Pietro, Bibi, You, Hulk, Scott, and Rocket were wearing their suits. (Your suit below. Pick any color you'd like to go with it. I'm gonna say gold at the moment so, but not like bright. Like a near dark ish color. So whenever you hear gold, you can change it to the color you'd like instead.)

You were standing near Bibi who wasn't that far from Steve and Tony

You were standing near Bibi who wasn't that far from Steve and Tony. She had a shield also that was round. Steve shook his head at Thor as Tony spoke. "Stop, stop. Sow down." He told the god. Steve, Scott and Tony held out a hand for him to stop. "Thor. Just stop. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve told him. "I'm sorry. So, What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked Steve. "We should at least discuss it." Scott mentioned.

"Look, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back." He said before taking a breath. "I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me." He added. "Normally, you're right." Tony started to say. "It's my duty." Thor finished. "It's not about that. It's not that." Tony added as he got in front of the god. "Hey, Buddy...." Tony continued. "Stop it! Just let me." Thor exclaimed quieting down Tony's as he grabbed his shirt, showing a saddened face. "Just let me do it." He said softly. "Just let me do something good. Something right." Thor finished.

"Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition." Tony finished telling him. "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor told Tony. "Cheese Whiz?" Rhodes questioned and you couldn't help but smile slightly. Rhodes was in the room too. Thor pointed around him as he muttered a quiet yeah before saying "lightening."

"Yeah." Tony said unamused. "Lightening." Thor said again. "Lightening won't help you, pal." Bruce finally spoke. "It's gotta be me." He added and Thor lightly shook his head. "You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him." He continued as he walked; passing you, Loki, Pietro and Bibi. Eva was currently doing something so she wasn't able to be there. "None of you could survive." Bruce finished.