Chapter 14 ྿ Open The Border

The ship Rocket drove with Groot inside had maneuvered itself around an area on Nidavellir. Thor stood at his position as he waited for the signal from Rocket. "I don't think you get the scientifics here." Rocket started to tell him through the coms. "These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose." He added on as Thor could then be seen wrapping a wire of a sort around himself before jumping down to a lower platform.

"Leave that to me." Thor implied as he glanced up at the ship. "Leave it to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a..." Rocket started to tell him as a reply but Thor didn't let him finish seeing how he gripped the rope and started to swing Rocket's ship around. The raccoon could be heard yelling a bit as he tried to gain back control. It wasn't till Thor threw him towards a certain direction when he yelled out "fire the engines!" Rocket gladly did as he yelled in the process.

Once he did, he pulled Thor along with him and kept on thrusting till Thor landed his feet on one of the rings and held onto the rope. Grunting in the process, he used part of his strength to see if he'll be able to at least get the rings started up and going. His voice was filled with strain as he called out "more power, Rabbit!" Rocket did as he was told and the center was started to break off the pieces that were holding it still.

With success, they had managed to get all of the rings back in order and the dying star was once more revealed. That's when Etiri who saw, said "well done, boy." Which was more for Thor. Thor landed right on the front glass of the ship as he revealed a big smile and pointed towards the star as he said "That's Nidavellir." Rocket looked at it with a face of fascination, but smiled also.

The dying star was starting to work till the gates had shut themselves again. "Damn it." Eitri said. " 'Damn it'? What's 'Damn it'?" Rocket questioned towards the dwarf. Not fully understanding what he had meant by it. Thor and Rocket both looked at him as he explained. "The mechanism is crippled." He said and Thor asked "what?" That's when Eitri continued on, "With the iris closed, I can't hear the metal."

"How long will it take to heat it?" Thor asked as he released some breaths, while sitting on top of the ship. "A few minutes, maybe more. Why?" Eitri asked towards the end. "I'm gonna hold it open." Thor announced. "That's suicide." Eitri butted. "So is facing Thanos without that axe." Thor quickly states. He grunted as he threw himself towards the dying star.

B A C K   O N   E A R T H

More than 5 like ships flew rapidly over the fields towards the dome as both Falcon and War Machine flew over them. Natasha that stood directly in front of Bucky on one of the ships, called out "How we looking, Bruce?" Bruce on the other hand was not having it apparently. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." He replied as he was currently inside the Hulk Buster that Tony had made in case if he had to fight the Hulk, which he did when Ultron was active.

Both Steve and T'Challa looked over when they heard Bruce fly over and watched as Bruce landed and stumbled for a bit. "Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the Hulk without actually..." Bruce added afterwards with a smile but then didn't see the incoming large rock and tripped right over it. "Ahhh." He grunted when he facepalmed right onto the floor. The ship O'koye was on passed by and as they did, she looked at Bruce with a near judging like face. "I'm ok. I'm ok." Bruce said while in his suit in the same position.

Falcon and War Machine flew right over Bruce as Rhodes started to speak. "I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." They also flew right over the amount of people that had gotten off of their ships and were already in their positions to fight. A view of Proxima and Cull. Cull spoke in their own language to Proxima. The Jabari men were both chanting and grunting as T'Challa's men along with Bucky, Steve, Natasha and O'koye arrived. Natasha stood between Bucky and Steve as T'Challa and M'Baku shook hands. (She looks so tiny :'3 against them) O'koye stood by T'Challa's side as he told M'Baku "Thank you for standing with us." That's when M'Baku replies back in Xhosa "of course, brother."