Chapter 1

"Why are you making me do this?" 

"I thought you'd like it. You love music, you got a guitar for your birthday, so i figured you might want to actually learn how to play it" she looked at her nephew slumped down in the passenger seat of her van. 

"Besides, Scott will be busy with baseball so"

"So you're making me do this so you won't have to deal with me while Scotts gone." He interrupted.

"I didn't say that Josh, I just don't want you sleeping your summer away or spending all your time with those bad influences, and your mom agrees"

"They're my friends" he mumbled softly and looked out the window.

"Please just stay out of trouble, ok. For your moms sake?"

"Yeah" he sighed.

They were both silent the rest of the ride. They pulled up to an older house and Josh studied it before turning to his aunt.

"This is his house? How do you know he's not some child molester or serial killer? You're just going to leave me here?"

"He is not a child molester or a serial killer. I got his name from the owner of the music store by my house. He doesn't usually give lessons so you should be grateful." She turned and got out and walked to the back of the van.

Josh rolled his eyes and got out of the van. He walked back and pulled his guitar case from the back of the van. 

"It's only a couple hours then you can play video games the rest of the day, ok?"

"Whatever" 

They walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. A couple minutes passed so she rang the bell again. Josh hoped that he wouldnt answer the door and they could leave but the door opened and a man stood there. 

"Sorry"

"Hi, I'm Ali, we talked on the phone?"

"Yes, hi Ali, I'm Noel"

He put his hand out and she shook it.

He looked at Josh and he scowled back.

"Josh?" the man asked.

"Yeah" Josh sighed.

"Ok, well I'm running late, I will be back in 2 hours. You have my number if you need me."

She put her hand on Josh's shoulder and gave him a look that said "you better behave" then turned and walked back to the van and Noel looked at Josh and said,

"Come on in."

Josh stepped inside and Noel shut the door behind them. 

"So you want to learn guitar, eh?"

"What's with your accent?" Josh asked.

"I dunno, I'm from Manchester,  in England."

"This was my aunt's idea so I really don't want to be here. Can we just chill and pretend your teaching me guitar?"