Chapter 26

A couple days later, Selena asked Ashley and Ali to come over to plan Dylan's 1st birthday party, which was fast approaching. Noel had taken Dylan to the park so they could focus on the planning. They spent the morning discussing party themes then they took a break and Selena poured them each a glass of wine and sat down on the floor by the couch and sighed.

"Tired?" Ali asked.

"Yeah. Tired of Noel's moodiness the last few days." She rolled her eyes.

"What happened?" Ali asked.

"I don't know. He's just been really quiet lately and it feels like he's been preoccupied with something."

Ashley took a sip of her wine.

"We were in bed last night and I was trying to get something started you know? And he basically pushed me away and just went to sleep. He's not usually one to turn down sex."

Ashley hoped Selena didn't see the brief smile on her lips and took another sip of wine.

"Maybe he's just stressed about something?" Ali offered.

"Well he needs to snap out of it."

They started talking about the party again then they heard the door open. Dylan came running in and ran to Ashley.

"Mama!."

"Hi baby!"Ashley smiled and gave Dylan a hug.

Noel walked into the room and sat on the couch.

"Doggie park." Dylan said.

"You saw a doggie?" Ashley asked.

Dylan nodded then walked over to Noel and climbed into his lap. 

"Did ya get the party sorted?" Noel asked.

"I think so. At least most of it." Selena answered.

She got a text and looked at her phone. 

"Oh my god! I got the job for the swimwear shoot in Miami!"

"Nice one." Noel said.

"When do you go?" Ali asked.

"Leave tomorrow and will be gone 3 days." She looked at Noel. "Can you manage 3 days without me?" 

Before he could answer Dylan climbed out of his lap and sat by Selena.

"Leena. Doggie park." 

"You saw the doggie?" She smiled.

"Well we should get going, I need to get her to take a nap." Ashley pointed at Dylan. 

A couple days later Noel came over to Ashley's house to pick up Dylan. 

"Dada!" She smiled when she saw him.

"Ello beautiful" he picked her up and kissed her cheek. 

He looked at Ashley.