Chapter 2

July 4th rolled around and Noel was a little nervous about going to Josh's birthday party

July 4th rolled around and Noel was a little nervous about going to Josh's birthday party. He took a shower, shaved, then got dressed. He grabbed the giftbag with the guitar pedal inside and drove to Ali's house. He pulled up and saw alot of cars parked outside the house. He looked at the time, he was a little late. He thought about just leaving, but remembered Josh's face when he thought he wasn't coming and sighed. He parked on the street behind another car and walked towards the house, Josh's present in his hand. As he got closer to the house he noticed people staring at him, or at least it felt like they were. 

"Noel!" He heard Ali and saw her walking towards him with a big smile.

He smiled.

"Thanks so much for coming, Josh really wanted you to come. "

"Oh, my pleasure" 

"Here let me take the gift,  you can go around to the backyard, that's where everyone is."

"I didn't know so many people would be 'ere"

"You dont like crowds?"

"No, just feel a little out of place."

"You're fine, you're always welcome here anytime Noel."

She took the present inside and Noel walked around the house to the backyard. He looked around for Josh but didnt see him. An older woman came up to him.

"Hi, who are you?"

"Hi, I'm Noel"

"Hi Noel, how do you know Ali?"

"I give her nephew guitar lessons."

"Oh! I've heard about you."

"Really?"

"Of course, I hear Josh is becoming quite the guitar player."

"Yeah he is."

"Noel!"

He turned and saw Josh and another boy walking over to him. 

"Ello" he smiled.

Josh turned to the boy next to him.

"Dude, this is him"

"Happy birthday" 

"Thanks" Josh looked slightly embarrassed.