Chapter 20

Josh ran outside to catch the taxi and Noel. He returned a minute later with Noel. 

"Are you ok?" Noel looked at Ashley with worry in his eyes.

"The baby is coming now."

"Come on." he held his hand out and she took it. He helped her up and into the taxi that was waiting outside. 

"What do I do?" Josh asked.

"Go call Ali and get my bag by my bed and bring it with you to the hospital, ok? It's ok, this babys just coming a little early."

"Ok, love you mom."

"Love you too honey, I'll see you in a little bit."

"Ok." 

The taxi drove to the hospital which was only a 20 minute drive, thankfully. Noel was pretty calm and kept reassuring Ashley that everything was ok. They got to the hospital and were taken to a room right away. The nurse came in to check her and said the baby was coming now. The doctor arrived a few minutes later and she started to push. Noel stood by her side and held her hand and after pushing for about 10 minutes, a small little cry rang out. The nurse put the baby on Ashley's chest and she couldn't believe how small it was. 

"You've got a beautiful baby girl" the doctor said and Ashley looked at Noel.

He had tears in his eyes and was staring in awe at his daughter. Ashley looked down at her daughter and kissed her head.

"Hi baby" she said softly.

The nurse took the baby to get cleaned up. Ashley looked at Noel. He wiped his eyes and said "She's beautiful Ash."

They got Ashley cleaned up and brought the baby back in. The nurse gave her to Noel, who looked terrified. He held her in his arms and looked at Ashley with a grin.

"What are we gonna name her?"

"Any ideas?"

"How bout Dylan?"

"Dylan?" She thought about it. "Dylan Marie" she smiled. "I like it."

He smiled and looked down at her tiny little face. "Dylan Marie Gallagher."

"You want her to have your last name?"

"Of course. Look at her, she's totally a Gallagher."

Ashley smiled "ok."

Josh and Ali arrived and held Dylan and visited then they left to get some dinner. Noel held the baby and told Ashley to get some rest. She closed her eyes and was asleep almost immediately. She awoke some time later to voices. She opened her eyes and looked over and saw Noel holding Dylan in his lap with Selena sitting next to him. They were both looking at the baby smiling and talking and laughing. Ashley was kinda hoping they had broken up since Noel hadn't mentioned her at all lately. 

"Ay, she's so beautiful papi." Selena said and Noel looked at her with a huge grin. They kissed then went back to looking at the baby. Ashley felt so fat and unattractive suddenly. She sat up and they noticed she was awake.