Chapter 18

Ashley laid in bed looking through her phone pictures. They were mostly of Josh, but there were some of Noel too. She smiled as she saw pictures that she had taken of him at the art exhibit they went to.

There was a picture of Noel and Rob's mom she had taken

Then she saw the pictures of her and Noel that Ali had taken when they had all gone out one night

She really missed him and was getting excited to see him soon

She really missed him and was getting excited to see him soon. She got her hair cut and her nails done and bought a new outfit. Thankfully, she wasn't showing yet so she could still buy clothes in her size. She waited until a couple days after he got home and called him. He didn't answer. She left a message and waited. He never called her back. She called again the next day. He didn't answer. She hung up and sighed. Maybe his phone wasn't working right or something? She decided to go see him. She put her new outfit on and did her makeup. She imagined what he was going to say to her when she told him about the baby. She looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. She drove over to his house. His car was parked out front. She went to the front door, rang the doorbell and waited. He didn't answer. She rang it again and waited. He didnt answer. Maybe he was asleep? Jetlagged? Or maybe he wasn't home? She decided to try one more time. She rang the doorbell and a minute later the door opened. 

"What?" He sounded annoyed. 

Her eyes met his and his expression softened.

"Ashley?" He looked surprised to see her.

"Hi. Sorry to bother you, but I was hoping we could talk."

She suddenly noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt and his belt was unbuckled and his jeans unbuttoned. Before either of them could speak, a voice came from behind Noel.

"Who is it Papí?"

Ashley looked at Noel confused. A beautiful woman walked up and stood by Noel. She was wearing his button up shirt and nothing else by the looks of it. She had beautiful dark brown hair and big beautiful brown eyes and had a great body with beautiful tan skin. Ashley's heart began beating fast and she suddenly felt like an idiot. 

"This is my friend, Ashley" Noel said. 

He looked at Ashley.

"This is Selena."

"Hi" Ashley forced a smile and the woman just stared back. 

Noel turned to the woman and lowered his voice. "Give me a minute?"

She looked annoyed. 

"Hurry up, I'll be waiting in bed."

Noel went to put a shirt on then stepped outside and closed the door.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"It's ok. What d'ya wanna talk about?"

She stared at him and wished she had never decided to come to his house. He looked at her waiting. She knew she had to tell him.

"I just thought you should know." She paused and tried not to cry.

"What?" He looked concerned.

"I'm pregnant." 

He chuckled. "I know."

"You do?" She looked at him surprised.

"Yeah, Josh told me."

"He did?"

"Yeah, and he told me about you and Mark too. I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's ok" she mumbled.

"If you ever need anything, let me know ok? I know things didn't work out with us, but we're still friends, ok?"

She was shocked and didn't know what to say. Josh must have told Noel that Mark was the father because that is what he still believed. She stood there, not knowing what else to say. 

"Are you ok?"

She looked at Noel and forced a smile.

"Fine."

"Did ya need to talk about anything else?"

"Yes" she screamed in her head.

"No" she said quietly and forced a smile. 

He smiled back.

"Ok, Ash. See ya la'er."

"Bye." 

He went inside and she walked back to her car. That had not gone how she had imagined it would. She went home and found Ali waiting.

"How'd it go? She smiled.

Ashley burst into tears.

She told her sister what had happened.

"I'm sorry sis."

"You should have seen this woman. Absolutley beautiful. She called him "papí".

"You still have to tell him."

"I know, I will."

"The sooner the better."

"I know."

Months passed and she kept finding reasons not to tell Noel though. She felt a little relieved when Josh mentioned he had gone to England to work on an album and he wasn't sure when he would be back. He was still with Selena and she had apparently gone with him to England. Josh had met her and hung out with both of them, but Ashley had not seen Noel since she told him she was pregnant. She often wondered what the baby would look like. Would it have Noel's blue eyes? Would it look like Josh? She could have found out the sex at her last appointment, but declined. She had this vision in her head of her and Noel finding out together when the baby was born. Her stomach was getting bigger every week and she was beginning to feel like she wasn't very attractive anymore. Months passed and she was now 36 weeks along. She really felt huge now and was glad she only had about 4 weeks until her due date. Ashley and Ali were at the store buying some groceries for a cookout they were having that night for Josh. Ashley looked over and her heart nearly stopped when she saw Noel a few feet away. Before she could hide she heard her sister call out, "Noel!"

*song inspiration