Chapter 21

The next day Noel drove Ashley and Dylan home from the hospital. They walked into the house and everything had been cleaned.

"Wow" Ashley looked around and set Dylan, who was fast asleep in her carseat, down. 

Josh gave her a hug then Ali.

"Thanks for cleaning up." She looked at her sister.

"No problem. There's a lasagna in the oven for dinner. If you need anything give me a call, ok?"

"Ok"

"I'll stop by tomorrow."

She hugged her sister then left.

Josh looked at Dylan still asleep in her carseat.

"She's so little."

"Hard to believe you were that little once huh?" Ashley smiled as she looked at her two kids.

"There's a surprise for you in Dylan's room."

Noel looked at her.

She looked at him suspiciously and followed him to Dylan's room.

It had been painted and the crib set up and everything looked perfect. Exactly how she had wanted to do it, but never got around to finishing it before Dylan came.

"It's beautiful." Her eyes filled with tears and Noel wrapped his arm around her.

"You like it?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Thank you." She wiped her eyes.

"You welcome. Selena and Josh did most of the work, I just funded it."

The thought of Selena in the room decorating it for her baby made her feel a sting of jealousy.

Josh came into the room.

"So where is Noel gonna sleep?"

"Either on the couch or we could set up an air mattress in here."

"Nah, I'll take the couch."

The oven timer started beeping right when Dylan started to fuss.

"I'll get her." Noel said.

Ashley followed him down the hall and into the kitchen to get the lasagna out. Noel went to Dylan and got her out of her carseat and held her in his arms. She fussed and Noel chuckled nervously.

"I think she's hungry." He walked into the kitchen.

"I'll make a bottle."

Noel sat at the kitchen table with Dylan while Ashley made the bottle. Josh sat down next to Noel. Ashley handed Noel the bottle then got plates out for the lasagna. Josh watched as Noel fed Dylan. 

"Babies are so weird."

Noel glanced at him and made a face.

"I mean they grow inside a human. It's just kinda gross. You put some cum on an egg and a human grows."

"Josh, that's not really appropriate at the dinner table." Ashley's eyes caught Noel's and they shared an amused smile. 

"Sorry, but it's true."

"Ok, here eat your dinner."

She set two plates down.

"Here I'll take her." She looked at Noel.

"No, we're good. Eat."

"Ok" she sat and ate.

She wasn't used to having a man help out so much.