Chapter 7|Noah

As I'm walking away, I feel my blood raising up to my head.I suddenly feel like chocking, so I unbutton my shirt to breathe a little better.

Why the fuck did I come here? I knew it was a huge mistake, so why did I do it?

Because you need a job, you jerk! My subconscious yelled at me and I signed.

Out of all places though, why I had to apply here? I wasn't going to, if that accident didn't happen, but now I seriously need the money.
I wanted to punch myself for my stupidity, but people were passing by. It would seem crazy, like I just escaped from a mental clinic, crazy.

Finally I reach the front glass door and I'm about to push it open when I heard fast click-clack's of someone's heels behind me.

"Noah, wait."

Oh, hell no.

I don't want to talk to her. For some reason whenever I look at her, I get enraged. Imagine what'll happen to me if I actually talk to her, and let me tell you jail is no place for a geeky guy like me. So I ignore her and step outside. But the click-clacks don't stop as I thought.

I felt her hand grabbing me and I was so surprised, I jerked it away with force and turned to face her. She was frowning, her eyebrows pulled together as she dropped her hand to her side.

"Would it kill you to talk to me for a second?"

"I have nothing to say to you," I turned my back again, but she kept chasing me. I felt a smirk creeping up on my face as I thought the irony of what is happening. Here I was, a nothing-guy being chased by the girl everybody chases. I mentally high-fived myself for doing the unthinkable.

Wait, am I actually enjoying this? What the hell?

"Geez, what's up with you? What do I have to say to leave me alone?" I turned to face her feeling really angry.

I couldn't exactly place what brought my anger, her chasing me or the fact that I secretly enjoyed it. I didn't dig any further. Bottom line I was mad, that's what matted.

"Wow, you really can't stand me, can you?"

"Well, I think that's pretty clear." I marked sarcastically and she was looking at me wandering.

"But, why? You don't even know me," she crossed her arms over her chest. For a split moment my gaze left her eyes and check out her chest.

Well, shit.

She shouldn't keep her hands there, they make her boobs stand out and I don't want that distraction. I quickly raise my sight to her eyes again, hoping she didn't see what just happened.

"Oh, but I do. See, your reputation precedes you." Pushing my glasses up I smiled, an evil smile, provoking her.

"Oh, please those are just rumors, maybe based on one or two real events, but mostly are assumptions of what people think. I'm not like that. I'm a lot more than that," she waved her arm dismissively in front of her and looked at me intensely , but still not angry.

What the fuck?

Does this chick ever feels anger or is she like some robot designed to just feel happy?

"See, now, I think you don't know what you're saying. To be more you would have to have a depth and you don't." I marked with hostility and she laughed, really enjoying the moment. I felt lost as I saw her smiling at me, her smile reaching her gray eyes.

"Wow, you are witty for a nerd. Mean one, for sure, but witty."

Ok. I'm pissed. See, the more I try to get her to feel angry and I fail miserably, the angrier I get myself.

Who responds with a laugh when someone calls them to their face shallow?

There's something seriously wrong with this girl.

"Why don't you let me pay for your car? You don't have to make everything so difficult."

"Is that how you make guys run after you? You pay them off?" something flashed in her eyes and she came closer, only a few inches separating our bodies. I had to shallow hard involuntarily.

She placed one hand on her waist and raised her eyes looking me through her thick eyelashes.

Fuck!

Seeing her now and feeling the warmth her body radiating, my mind gets cloudy and I feel slightly tighter in pants region.

Damn, she looked so hot.

Her lips were slightly open, her eyes seemed to have darkened a bit, never leaving my sight, and she looked so young and innocent. Sinner and saint at the same time.

Fuck!

Double fuck!

I shallowed again really hard, trying to hide the fact that my heart was beating a little faster and attempted to calm my breathing.

"You really think what's why they come? You don't see any other reason?" she said seductively and her voice was so soft, almost like a whisper. Biting her bottom lip, she looked at me again stroking gently my arm with her fingers, sending tingles up and down my back.

Things have gotten a little tight for me, as I was getting harder by the moment.

Damn it! Break the spell!

I stepped backwards and broke eye contact, lightly shaking my head. Think of things that make you sick. Like vomit and pineapples on a pizza. Or things that make you angry like Joffrey and Voldemort, I said to myself trying to cool down.

When I felt like myself again, I looked up at her. She was smirking devilishly with her arms crossed in her chest again. Great, that's what I need. More cleavage.

"Other than you being annoying, I don't see anything," Clearing my throat, I stated firmly, but she scoffed.

"Yeah, sure. Look, let me just give you a damn check and I'll be out of your hair. That's all I want."

"I don't care what you want. That's the problem with you. You're used to people yield to your every need. I'm not one of those people, so take that check and shove it up your ass. Are we done now?" I almost screamed. Man, she pushed my buttons. I didn't wait for a response I turned and left without looking back.

When I got into my car, I peeked at where I left her. She was still standing there looking at my direction frowning. I put the key in the ignition and the car hummed to life under me, calming my nerves and without as much as a thought, I drove off.

Out of sight, out of mind.