Chapter 30| Rachel

"Did Danny look yellow,like he was about to throw up?" I ask Tina, while I'm spread on the couch eating popcorn.

She called me to tell me what happened today. It's really late in the evening and as I'm having no plans I decided to stay in curled up in my Noah shirt watching tv.

"I don't know. I never turned to see. I just left laughing. I heard him scolding at me but didn't care."

"Noah didn't mention anything about that though."

"Hm,really?" She asks curious.

"Yep, not a thing." I nod mostly to myself as I'm all alone.

"Well good to know he is not a gossip. That's an asset on a man."

Honestly I didn't care at all if he was a gossip or not, I wanted him any way.

"So, you talked to Danny after that?" I ask chewing some more popcorn.

"Lay off the popcorn you slob! One moment on the lips, forever on the hips." She yells at me over the phone and I laugh. "We talked a little but nothing much. Last I spoke to him he said he was coming home. I'm guessing he'll be there soon enough."

"Ah, perfect. I'll wait for him then. Ok, I gotta go. I have a bowl full of popcorn I got to finish."

"Phff. Do what you want but don't come crying to me when you'll have to work harder on the gym. Bye bitch."

I laugh again but I lay the bowl down just to be safe for now and head to the kitchen to get something healthier to eat. Damn Tina and her brainwash. Now I feel guilty for some reason. I get back to the living room and hop on the couch and start browsing through the channels but nothing gets my attention.

What is my nerd going now? Studying? Getting ready to sleep? I'm itching to know.

When I'm ready to reach my phone I hear the doorbell ringing.

"I got it Arthur." I yell and start heading for the door while looking my screen to sent him a text. I open the door and raise my sight. On my doorstep there is a blond woman in her mid-forties, dressed like she on her way on a gala or something, not a hair out of place, with an overpriced handbag on her arm. I take a good look at her and there is something vaguely familiar in her.

"Hi! Can I help you?" I ask politely and her eyes light up.

"Rachel?" She says in a low yet steady voice, with a hint of surprise.

"Yes? Do I know you?" I say and squint my eyes trying to remember if I have ever seen this woman again in my life. I get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something bad is gonna happen but I ignore it.

"My god, you got so big. And look at you! So beautiful! A lovely young woman." She says again sounding sweet but something bothers me in her tone. I cross my arms over my chest and smile.

"I'm sorry, have we met?"

"Oh,honey..." she says but gets interrupted violently by a furious Danny reaching the door. I can practically see the fumes coming out of ears. This is the first time ever I've seen my brother this angry.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He yells at her and comes to stand right in front of me,like he doesn't want me to watch this, like he's gotta protect me from what's coming.

"Danny, you know her? Who is she?" I ask touching his arm but he ignores me.

"Oh, my darling boy.." the woman says again but Danny is still stiff as a board but I can see the veins in his neck popping like crazy.

"Don't call me that. What are you doing here?" He yells again looking all red now. Not just his face but his eyes too.

"Now, now. That's not a great way to talk to a lady,is it Danny-boy?" She says lowering her sight to attach her handbag and suddenly everything makes sense. The stings in my head finally worked in the right way opening open the box of memories I've suppressed so long ago.

"Mom?" I say almost whispering as I'm feeling that the air in my lungs is minimum.

She looks at me with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yes, honey. I'm here." She says and stretches her hands to reach me but Dan pushes me lightly further behind.

"Do not come any closer." He growls at her with gritted teeth and she lowers her hands at once.

I can feel the tears threatening to escape my eyes any second now as I'm processing the situation in front of me. I look at her and I have a million questions to ask this woman. Like where were you? Where were you when I needed you? Where were you when I couldn't sleep because of my night terrors? Where were you when I was heartbroken for the first time?

I'm a step away for a meltdown, I can feel it.

I grab my car keys and shove them both out of my way running to my car, wiping away some stray tears that are running down my face.

"Rachel where are you going?" Danny yells at me sounding hurt and concerned but I can't do this right now. I have to get away from all this mess. I have to be somewhere safe. Somewhere I know this drama can't reach me.
My mind is so foggy and probably isn't the best time for me to drive but I start the car without thinking it and speeding up I'm on my way, away from here.

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone!!! So here is a small treat for you. A bigger one is coming right up for you really soon but this one, even though small, it was essential! I would like to know what did you think about it. And ,as always, don't forget to vote if you liked it!!!
Bye!!! 💕💕💕