Chapter 31| Noah (part 2)

I swallow hard and I'm at a loss. For some weird reason I always thought her mom was dead. I never thought she left them.

"Shh.. it's gonna be ok." I say almost whispering petting her hair as she breaks into loud sobs. Her body shakes with every breath she takes and I feel my heart tightening in my chest bit by bit.

"I hate her. I hate her so much." She muffles in my chest, her voice breaking but full of anger at the same time. I shake my head even though she can't see me. 

"You don't mean that." I say rubbing her back once more. She raises her head and looks at me, her eyes furious and so dark I could barely see their gray color.

"I do." She spits at me through clenched teeth and I nod. "She left us. She left two children behind and run off with some random guy and for sixteen years, sixteen years, she didn't even call just to check in!" She yells,filled with fury. I say nothing i just look at her with pleading eyes to calm her down but I know she just started. She gets up from the bed and starts pacing up and down the room. I sit up as well and cross my hands. "Who does that? What kind of selfish person leaves their children, and stops caring just like that? And for what? A guy?" She stops suddenly and looks at me dead serious and every time she blinks rivers come down her eyes but I don't think she notice them. "It's so fucking hurtful to know that we weren't enough, I wasn't enough, to make her stay. "

I get up and hug her really tight as she hides her head in my chest once more.

"You are more than enough. You give meaning to life. You the strongest, craziest, happiest, most interesting person I know." I take her face into my hands and make her look at me. "I mean you're smart and funny and loving and fiercest than a lion. This is her loss, not yours. She gets to spend her life without you in it." I say, meaning every word. Ever since I met her she woke up feelings in me that I never felt before. Granted she makes me bat crap crazy mad most times, but even that is something new giving a spice to my mundane and, let's be honest, boring routine of a life. She can't possibly believe she is not enough. She is everything. "Without you everything is pointless. She should be the one crying her eyes out, regretting the mistake she made the day she left." She looks at me and her eyes are softer now and a sad smile appears in her face.

"Thank you." She says sniffling and nuzzles her head in the crook of my neck as I hug her slowing.

"Anytime."

She takes a deep,much needed breath and wipes her eyes looking at me. 

"Sorry for barging in and dumping all of this on you."

I scoff out loud playing with her hair again.

"No need to apologize. Come on, let's get you to bed. And please drink some water." She nods and climbs in my bed taking the bottle I gave her earlier.

"Now… could you please call Dan? And maybe your father? I bet he found out what happened and he must be worried." I say slowing not wanting to force her into anything. She just stopped crying I don't want to push her, her state is really fragile right now. "I can go and grab something for you to eat to give you some space."

"I'm not really hungry." She says her voice hoarse from all the crying. I look at her above my glasses.

"I wasn't really asking." I say and grab my t-shirt pulling it over my head. She smiles again and nods. I take my phone, my wallet and my keys and put on my shoes in quick motions.

"I'm a phone call away. Whatever you need just call me. Make yourself at home. I'll be back before you know it." I lean over and kiss her on the forehead while she closes her eyes looking thankful and pleased. There's something really intimate in a small gesture like that and it's the first time in my life I can actually feel that. She is changing me.