Chapter 11|Rachel

For some reason I keep staring at this weird man beside me.

I know I should pay attention to the professor but my eyes involuntarily keep turn to his direction.

He looks tired, his green eyes are red, he looks a bit pale and he is slouching in his seat. Obvious signs of his late night drinking. One glance at him and I could tell, as he remarked sarcastically I've mastered the art.

Every now and then he pushes his glasses up, mostly by habit, and he keeps making notes in his pad. I slowly remove my eyes from his face and travel down his body to take in his appearance. He is wearing a black t-shirt again with some weird beast on it, light blue jeans and a pair of black converse.

What is it about this guy and his love of black geeky t-shirts?

I sensed him turn and look at me with wonder written all over his face. I smiled sweetly and batted my eyelashes innocently.

"What are you doin'?" he whispered.

"Who is that guy?" I nodded to his shirt. He looked for a moment down his torso and then turned to me with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"That's Thanos." He whispered again.

"Right." I whispered back nodding. "And who is he?"

He bowed his head slightly shaking it with what I can only assume is disapproval.

"Have you been living under a rock? That's the bad guy from the Avengers." He said looking at me like I was crazy.

"Ah, the Avengers. Not my kind of movie."

"Have you seen it?" he asked and his eyes lighted up for a second.

"No." I said and he frowned.

"Then how do you know it's not a kind you'll like?"

"I haven't thought about it that way. Maybe you should take me to see it." I said and a cheeky smile formed in my face. He chuckled under his breath and looked at me.

"Did you just asked yourself on a date?" he said smiling. I could tell he really enjoyed it as his eyes were wrinkled on the corners from the way he smiled. I mentally high fived myself. Good, we surpassed the snarky comments.

"Thought I save you the trouble." I nudged him and smiled. He momentarily looked the spot I touched him and seemed confused for a second.

"Who says I would have asked you?" he asked me with a stern expression.

"Oh, please." I scoffed lightly and tugged some stray hair away from my face.

"Your ego must be the size of this auditorium."

"Oh, thank you."

When I looked at him he seemed at a loss. Oh, I loved it that I could make him feels this way. I can tell he is working hard to make me snap at him and the truth is I find him delightful. I take no offense in the things he says to me. Which might indicate some brain failure but that's tomorrow's problem.

"You do understand that I didn't mean it as a compliment, right?" he said searching my face for signs of comprehension.

"It doesn't matter how you meant it, it matters how I'm taking it and I choose to believe it was a concealed compliment. You might wanna work on that though. Not the best way to flirt."

He coughed out loud like he was choking and a few people around shushed him. He stayed quiet for a moment and when people stopped sending him death glares he whispered:

"Flirt? Where did you get that from? I'm not trying to flirt with you. If anything I'm trying to avoid you but you keep coming at me."

"See, now who's the one that doesn't understand?" I said crooking my head to his direction.