Chapter 27| Rachel

It's been a couple of slow days. I fell in my usual routine, school, Tina, a couple of parties here and there,some shopping. 

I haven't seen Noah and I'm starting to get symptoms of withdrawal.

I mean we talk daily on the phone or with texts but it's not the same. I can actually feel my lips itching everytime I think about him. He is so addictive! Once you pop, you just can't stop. Just like Pringles.

"Wanna spend the day on a spa?" Tina asks me while we are on are way to my house. Tha plan was to chill there and maybe work on some projects for some classes but I'm thinking that a spa might relax me.

"That sounds good. Let's do that." I say and I turn the car around with rapid motions.

"Whoa, easy there! You're gonna get us killed." She grabs with force the passengers door trying to maintain her balance. I chuckle a little under my breath. Ever since the accident she is a bit skittish when I'm driving.

"Relax, babe. Don't you trust me?" Smiling I peek at her.

"Um,no! Not anymore. Not since last time." She says with a flat tone and I shake my head amused, slowing down a bit. I don't want to scare her.

"Speaking of that, how's the lover boy? Did you meet up after the party?"

I frown instantly without looking at her.

"No. He's caught up at work these days and what time he has left, he spends it studying." I say and I feel I'm whining to her but, hey, that's what best friends are for! 

"Well, that's what you get when you're involved with a nerd." She says with her bitchy tone while checking her perfect manicured nails.

I snort annoyed.

"I don't see you having better lack with a workaholic one."

She looks at me, her eyes googling, and  then frowns defeated.

"At least mine is workaholic for the time being. Once your father gets back, he'll loosen up. Yours, though, will stay a nerd for ever." She says eventually.

I laugh a little and she looks annoyed.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." I say to her and she sticks her tongue out as a response.

After of couple of minutes we reach the spa establishment and walk up to the reception to book our time. Normally we would need an appointment, but I've spent so much money on this place, that they're eager to assist me anytime.

Snuggled in my comfy bathrobe I'm sipping my refreshing drink before we go into the sauna.

"Danny told me,you know.." I look at Tina with questioning eyes. She rolled her eyes before continuing. "What you told him about Noah. He was trying to fish information out of me." She says, her eyes gleaming with delight.

"Ew,no!! In exchange for sexual favors?" I ask disgusted wrinkling my nose and she laughs throwing her head back.

"You're such an asshole! No, of course not."

"Ok, that's better. I hope you kept your hole closed about any details." I look at her narrowing my eyes and she smirks.

"You mean how you're sexually frustrated?" 

I gasp shocked by her comment and after a second i frown disappointed.

"Can you really tell?" 

She scoffed out loud. 

"No, of course not. You are always like that, stiff as a board and cranky most of the time." She marks sarcastically and i roll my eyes at her. "Are you kidding? Your face screams 'I need to get laid' and that nerd better put out soon or he'll condemn us to an eternal hell." She says smiling, playfulness gleaming in her eyes and I narrow my eyes. I know she was exaggerating but I can feel I'm not myself lately. I'm on edge for a great part of the day.