Chapter 34| Rachel

*Warning!! Contains sexual content*

Buzzzz

I wrinkle my nose from the disturbing buzzing I'm hearing next to me. Is it fly season already?

Buzzzz

I try opening my eyes but my lids are so heavy. Who the hell is annoying me? I want to sleep…

Buzzzz

Oh for fuck's sake!

I open my eyes and look around. Ok, so I'm not home and there is a hand around me. I peek over my shoulder and see Noah still asleep keeping me close. Images of last night's events are playing in my mind and I bite my bottom lip smiling as I'm reliving everything.

Buzzzz

There it is again! I turn my attention towards the noise and I see my phone ringing on the nightstand. When i see the caller I get up quickly grabbing Noah's t-shirt to cover my body and move towards the door. 

"Hello?"

"Pumpkin? Oh, thank God! I've been worrying sick! Are you ok?" My dad says in one breath.

"Hey, daddy. I'm fine. Don't worry."

"How can I not? I talked to Danny, he told me what happened and when i tried calling you your phone was off. Now, are you trying to give your old man a heart attack? Haven't we talked about closed phones? Do I need to repeat myself?" He says with a stern voice and I smile a little.

"No, sorry. I was just overwhelmed. I didn't want to talk to anybody. And I'd knew you would jump to my rescue so I turned it off. I'm better now, seriously."

As I am in the hallway people come and go looking at me with wide eyes. Understandable given the fact that I'm lightly dressed and not to brag, but I'm me, so I don't mind them staring a bit.

"Are you home now?"

"Um...no. I'm at a … friend's." I say fidgeting in my spot and for some weird reason I feel uncomfortable.

"A friend's. Uh-huh. A boy friend?" He says coughing lightly. I can tell he is uncomfortable too.

"Yeah, kind of."

And the line falls silent. I'm waiting patiently for him to process the new information I'm laying on the table.

"Ok then. Is he the guy you were telling me about?" He says eventually.

"Yep."

"Was he nice to you?"

"Dad. He was fine. He took care of me in my time of need. So yeah, he was."

"Then tell him thanks from me. Be good and and don't ever turn off your phone again." 

"Will do. Love you!"

"Love you more."

I end the call and go back inside watching not to make noise. When I close the door behind me I turn to find Noah rubbing his eyes as he just woke up.

"Good morning." I say almost purring and i move towards the bed.

"Mornin'." He says sleepily. "For a moment i thought you left." He adds as he sits up looking at me.

I sit on the bed facing him leaving my phone away.

"What? Without saying goodbye?" 

"I don't know. I thought you regretted everything that happened and left before I woke up. Not gonna lie, I felt used for a second." He says smiling, small dimples appearing on his face.