Chapter 52| Noah

Here he is.

The big man himself.

He shows up from the living room and it's the first time I lay my eyes on him. Sure, I've seen pictures before, but the real thing is a bit different.

He is wearing a blue suit with a white shirt that's open in the collar. He seems tired and he is unshaven, grey beard growing on his face.

He is taller than I expected and for a man his age, he has a good shape. The one thing that stands out though are his grey eyes. The same eyes he passed on to his children.

I couldn't see anything else because Rachel literally jumped on him and started sobbing on his chest the moment she hugged him. He welled up too listening to his daughter crying while he stroked her hair lightly placing a soft kiss on her head.

"It's ok, pumpkin. I'm ok. Please don't cry." His voice startled me. It's deep and mellow at the same time. 

"I've always told you he is a son of a bitch." I'm surprised as I didn't expect anyone else to be here. Well, maybe Tina. But that wasn't Tina's voice.

Rachel raises her head drying her eyes with the back of her hand and looks to see who's talking. And when she does,she turns red.

"What is she doing here?" She yells and she sound furious. That's when I see her too. There's something vaguely familiar about her. Rachel doesn't look like her at all but Dan is her spitting image, I realise as I'm seeing all four of them together for the first time. Man! That is one good looking family!

"It's ok pumpkin." 

"No, it's not. I don't want her here!" She spats furious.

"That's what I wanted to say when you came in." Danny jumps into the conversation. "She bailed Dad out."

"Oh! She's the 2% I'm missing!"

I didn't realize that I said out loud until all four of them look at me with different expressions on their faces.

"What are you saying?" Rachel asks until recognition lights her eyes. "You gave her 2% of the company? She left you for someone else!" She turns to her father furious and he places his hands in his pockets looking uncomfortable.

"She still is the mother of my children. I couldn't leave her with nothing. She is your mother, pumpkin." He says calmly looking at Rachel. "Is this the one you've been talking about?" He nods to my direction.

"Yes." Both Rachel and Dan say at the same time and I drop my head. What a mess! Mr. Brody looks confused and Mrs. Brody just stands there with a plain expression on her face.

I clear my throat awkwardly and move forward.

"Noah Cooper. It's nice to finally meet you in person Mr. Brody." I extend my hand to him and he shakes it firmly. "I don't want to interrupt but your freedom hangs in the balance. We have to inform the FBI for what we have found so they can drop the charges against you. And seeing how Novac did everything I don't think we can waste any more time. I'm guessing he has an escape plan in case something goes wrong." 

He looks at me deep in thought.

"How did you find out?" He asks me and I fidget in my spot.

"It's a long story sir. How about we deal with the FBI first and when we have that behind us I'll tell you all about it?" It's my main concern right now. Anything else can wait. He stretches his hand to me again.

"Thank you, son. For everything." He says and he stares at me. By the way he is looking at me I don't think he means just the FBI stuff. And Rachel got that too as she slowly creeps under my arms hugging me. I'm at a loss and so damn uncomfortable I just settle for a nod.