Chapter 41|Rachel

The throbbing in my head is making me feel nauseous and my ears rings so hard that I can't practically hear anything. Only my sharp intakes of breath.

It feels like I'm underwater and I'm sinking further down with each second it passes.

My vision is distorted as tears fill me eyes. I see Danny in front of me looking terrified and pale. He squeezes my shoulder and I can see his mouth moving but I can't understand any of the words he is saying. After that, I watch him leave the room in what it seems like in slow motion. 

This feels like a nightmare. Terrified, horrific nightmare. Should I pinch myself? Maybe I can wake up.

A pair of hands turn me around and I'm brought into a strong embrace. As soon as my head is pressed into Noah's chest and I smell his familiar scent I let myself go and break into loud sobs. My body shakes and I'm fighting hard for breath.

Noah is stroking my hair gently without saying anything. I can feel the fabric of his shirt soaking wet from my tears but he doesn't move away. He just keeps me close sighing.

"It's ok, baby. Everything is gonna be ok."

I gasp for air,while sobbing but I can't help myself from mentally rolling my eyes at him.

How can everything be ok? Dad is going to jail!

I take a couple of deep intakes of air to calm down and try to concentrate on Noah's scent. It's comforting and slowly I even my breath.

"We got to do something." I muffle against his chest.

"Like what?" He questions. I move away from his embrace and rub my temples pacing.

"I don't know." I stop in my tracks and look at him. "Pay them off? Everyone have a price." 

He looks at me, his lips in a straight line.

"Money can't solve all your problems." I scoff out loud annoyed.

"Whoever said that didn't have enough money to solve them."

"That's your answer?" He states, his jaw clenched looking angry. I don't know what he is angry about right now and honestly I don't care. I have bigger fish to fry.

"Um, yeah. If it's gonna help dad, I'm not thinking twice about it." 

"Rach, you can not pay the IRS off! It's a crime! You will be putting the whole company in jeopardy! You cant be that arrogant!" He yells and I'm startled by his reaction. 

"The whole company is already in jeopardy! Why are you fighting me on this? What did you expect me to do? Sit by and watch my father get handcuffed and put away in jail?" 

"You don't know that for sure. And if he is innocent I'm sure he won't have any problems."

I snap my head to his direction feeling my blood boiling in my veins.

"If he is innocent? If? What the hell are you saying? He most definitely is innocent. How can you doubt that?" He shifts uncomfortably and he looks at me with no visible emotion on his face. Ok, I'm mad. I grit my teeth and let all of my anger shine in my expression.

"It's not looking good right now. They found drugs and I have records of huge amounts of money from him to an unknown receiver. You have to consider the possibility that he might be involved in this, it's only logical." His words echo inside my head and my heart is beating like crazy. I'm on the verge of breaking down and smash everything in his office while screaming my lungs out in frustration.

He is looking at me intensely with pleading eyes the moment he notices the change in my mood. But I'm mad. I'm beyond of reason mad.

"Is this your doing? Are the one that gave the FBI that tip?" The words are out of my mouth without a second thought. He seems confused for a second. He takes in what I've just said and the softness is his eyes vanishes pretty quickly. Now he is looking at me with a straight face and cold, hostile eyes looking so green and transparent I can practically see the fury burning in them.

"Tread carefully now Rachel. If you keep up this pace this might be the only conversation we will ever have." His tone prickles my skin but I ignore it. I won't back down. Now that the screws in my head work right for the first time I can see everything so clearly.

"Yeah, I'm not buying that shit. This was your plan all along! Go for the popular girl you hate, get involved with her father's business, make her fall in love with you and then tear her life apart from the inside! Well, that's a great revenge, congratulations!" I clap him bitterly while I hold my tears back not wanting to show him how much that hurts me. I'm shuttered, I'm broken and I'm feeling stupider than ever for not seeing this before. 

"This seems more logical to you than your father being a criminal?"

"My father is not a criminal!!" I scream hysterically clenching my fists to my sides with all the power I have. There is silence after my little outburst and the tension is almost visible in the air as we are caught in a staring fight. I can almost taste it. The bitterness in my tongue, like someone threw poison down my throat.

"Screw you, you disdainful piece of shit! I don't ever wanna see you again." I pick up my things and storm off, slamming the door hard.

I'm done.

A/N: well, that was really hard to write and very emotional. I'm literally crying right now. My heart aches for both them right now especially Rachel as her life is falling apart 😢😢😢. Do you guys think Noah did this? Leave me your thoughts down below. And if you liked it, please press the little star ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ I'm in seriously need for a smile right now...💔💔💔