Chapter 50| Noah

"I feel so stupid!"

"Shhh, you idiot! Don't talk so loudly!" I scold Connor as I'm sitting down at Novac's desk firing up his computer. My adrenaline is on the highest level and my heart is beating so loudly that ,I believe, is one step from jumping right out of my chest. 

I can't believe we actually did this! And this guy next to me cares only about the way he looks. Which it is indeed stupid by the way. We forced him into wearing a buttoned up checkered shirt and a pair of dress pants to look more like an IT guy along with a pair of big ass round glasses. If this was any other situation I wouldn't be able to stand from laughing. 

My phone buzzes and I reach it within milliseconds.

Rachel: We just sat down. Get to work, ASAP.

"You have 15 minutes, jackass. Rach just texted me." I say to Connor who is looking around the room.

"Up." He commands and I move away to let him sit. "She is "Rach" now, huh?" He teases as he is connects his mini laptop with the machine.

I sigh frustrated and look at him.

"Now it really isn't the time to be joking. Could you please focus?" 

"Relax! It'll be over in no time." He starts typing on his laptop and he frowns.

"What is it?" I ask as I feel my stomach sinking.

"Yeah, it might take some time after all. He has on a strong security system." He says again never leaving the screen in front of him.

Yep, we're in trouble. I can feel it.

Me: I need you to stall a little longer than we planned. We hit a bump.

I type quickly even though we still have time, better safe than sorry.

"I'm in." Connor says and I sign relieved.

"You're an idiot. I thought it might take you a lot of time."

"It will but not because I couldn't log in the computer. Because I'll have to replace the video footage of the security camera. Wave hi to your left. You look kind of shorter from that angle."

I look to my left terrified but I can't see anything.

"But we turned off the cameras! How can it be?" I ask looking around.

"Yeah, it's more of a micro camera, close to that frame there. For personal use." I hate him when he is this smug. I growl out loud and stand next to him handing him the info I have of what we are looking for.

"Ok, now the PC will check every file and if something matches or comes close to that will appear."

"I don't need you to explain this to me, I know how it works."

"Oh, really? Then what am I doing here?" He leans back to the chair and crosses his arms.

I drop my head cause I know what he wants to hear. He is a lame guy.

"Cause you're the master." I say and he grins widely.

"Damn right I am!" He claps his hands enthusiastically and turns his attention to the screen once again. Lame, lame guy.

I start pacing up and down the room nervously. One minute passes, then two. Then bad thoughts are creeping up on my mind. What if I'm wrong about this? Three minutes…

What if I'm blaming the worst person?

"I am actually thinking maybe you should be moved on another department, in a managing position maybe." He had said and it felt off. Could it have been from the goodness of his heart?

No. That was shady as fuck. He wanted something else from that. For him it was means to an end. But to what end?

Five minutes…

"How much longer?" Impatience is coloring vividly my voice.

"How should I know? The dude might have a billion files. It takes time."

"We don't have time!"

"I know! Shut up!" Connor is getting worked up from my attitude. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from answering and start up a fight. Might take the edge off but now it's not the time.

"Wait. We have something." He almost presses his face on the screen and takes out his usb ready to download everything. I scan the screen myself but I don't understand a word. The whole thing is in code.

"Ok now that is downloading let me fix the camera thing before it's too late." I take a deep breath letting myself relax a bit. But then my phone buzzes.

Rachel: Something is wrong. His phone beeped and now he's trying to rush out of here.

Son of a bitch!

"Dude he trapped his computer. He's getting an alert. We need to get out of here!" I can feel my blood leaving my face and I'm panicking.

"Huh, the dude is sneaky. Bring it on!" He doesn't seem the tiniest bit affected while I'm screaming on the inside terrified.

"Let's go you asshole! We're gonna get caught!" I'm sweating like hell and my anxiety reached a new limit.

"Oh, so now you worry about that huh? A little too late my friend." And he still doesn't move an inch.

"Get up you jackass or I swear I'm going to drag you out of here!"

I want to bring my hand over my heart to comfort it and maybe I can avoid the heart attack that's knocking my door. The sweat is rolling down my face, making me shiver. Yep, I'm dying.

"Done! Let's go." He stands up, packs his stuff and he's on his way to the door in merely a couple of seconds. I'm standing there practically frozen. "Come on douchebag, we don't have time." He's almost out the door when I actually move towards him. We slide to the hallway trying to be as unnoticed as we can and take the stairs on our way down.

When you are safe out of the building using the emergency exit he takes off his glasses and unbuttons his shirt. 

"Hell! That was a rush!" He says smiling and I'm looking at him like he's crazy. I take out my phone and type to Rachel.

Me: Done. Meet you at Connor's.

A/N: What an adrenaline rush huh? I loved the boys here! I hope to God they found something and didn't leave a trace behind!!
So? What did you think? I can't wait yo read your comments! Please do press the little 🌟 below ⬇️ ⬇️⬇️ and share this story with your friends if you enjoyed it!
I'll see you guys soon! ♥️♥️♥️