Chapter 5

I woke up on a soft surface, it felt like I was lying on feathers. I looked at my surroundings and noticed that I wasn't in my room, I felt a cold breeze hit my bare shoulders and shivered. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and saw Damien standing at his balcony looking far in the distance. I moved off of the bed and wrapped the blanket around my body.

I felt the cold air hit and it felt like glass was hitting my skin. "Hey." I muttered when I stood next to him. He ignored me and just kept staring in front of him. "Hey." I repeated a bit louder.

"You never told me you were a virgin."

"I didn't think it was your business." He whipped his head to my direction and glared at me.

"Not my business? I just fucked you and I wasn't gentle, I could have torn your insides or injured you down there-"

"But you didn't." I intervened. "You didn't. I won't lie, it hurt for the first thirty seconds but after that, I felt like I was flying higher than a kite. The amount of pleasure that hit me, god, I can still remember how you felt inside me." I moaned.

"Fucking you hasn't got you out of my mind either, you are still there and I want more. The way we moved together, the way you felt wrapped around me is so addicting and I really do want more."

"But?" 

"But, I'm engaged Marley, last night was a mistake." And just like that I felt like used whore. I gripped the blanket and held it tighter around my body, starting to feel self-conscious in front of him.

"I knew this was coming, I just didn't think it would hurt this much. Now that you've had your way with me you have finally realised that you are engaged and now you feel guilty." I let out a small chuckle. "I now officially know how it feels to be a used whore. Well I'm happy I didn't become a prostitute."

"Marley-"

"No, you don't need to say anything. I get it. It was my fault anyway, I trusted you enough to take my virginity and even though I knew you was going to hurt me today, there was just some part of me that was hoping you would stay with me instead of her. But it's okay. I get it. It's cool." I looked away from him and stared at the view. "I'm just going to go back to my room and get dressed, I'll bring back you blanket in a few minutes, Sir." I gave him a small smile and moved away from him, I left his room and went back to mine, ignoring the pain in between my legs with every step I made. Once I closed the door I let out all of my pain. I sobbed silently and slid down the door.

I heard a knock and I stopped crying. "Just one second!" I exclaimed and instantly stood up and quickly got dressed into my uniform. I went over to the door and opened it to reveal Mary-Jane.

"Did you friend talk to her boss?" I nodded. "Did her boss break her heart?" I nodded again. She wrapped her arms around me and held me while I cried all of my pain away. "It's all going to be okay. I promise." I let out an agonising sound and sobbed. "You should go to sleep."

"I can't, I have to work." I responded through sniffs.

"You're not working today. I'm giving you the day off."

"But then you will be the only one working."

"Actually, Damien hired a couple of new maids the other day, they start today and that also means you don't have to work as much as you do. So sleep, have the day off. Just rest, have a bath. I will get May to bring up some junk food and ice cream. You can spend the day watching some old classics." She sent me a small smile and dragged me over to my bed.

She tucked me in under my blanket and stroked my hair. I started to doze off and snuggled deeper into my pillow.

"Thank you mum."

****

I woke up with a headache, I felt like I had just been run over by a truck and then ran into ongoing traffic. I looked over at the clock and noticed that it was 3:20pm.  I groaned and put my head in my hands, I sat up and swung my legs over the edge of my bed. I looked down and saw that I wasn't in my uniform anymore, I was now in blue baggy pyjama bottoms and a white vest. Mary-Jane must have changed me.

I decided to get out of my room and go down to the kitchen. "Hey Mary-Jane." I greeted her when I entered the room, there was two girls that I didn't recognise sitting next to her. "Hello. I'm Marley, you must be new." I went over to them and offered them my hand, the girl with black hair shook it but the girl with auburn hair stood from her chair and greeted me with a hug.

"Sorry, I'm more of a hug-type person. I'm Tyler, Mary-Jane has told us so much about you, don't worry we will relieve you of some of your duties, by the sounds of it you work way too much." She laughed. I turned to the girl with black hair and pointed at her.

"So you must be May. It's nice meeting you both." I smiled. I heard footsteps from behind us and I turned around to see Damien and Miss Louise. "Miss Louise, you're back early." I gave her a fake smile and tried to sound happy that she was back.

"Marley, I missed you." Why does she have to be so nice? It makes it even more difficult to hate her. I mean I wouldn't say she was my friend before but we definitely didn't hate each other, she loves all of the staff, so basically me and Mary-Jane, May and Tyler will know how it feels to be loved by her soon. 

"How was Amsterdam?" And with that she went on about everything she saw in Amsterdam, and how it was to be with her friends even while she was away for business. I tried to pay attention but I couldn't help but stare at the man beside her, his gaze was set on her and he was smiling, but it didn't reach his eyes. He must have felt my eyes burning into him because he tore his gaze away from her and met mine. We stared at each other for what felt like hours, but was probably only a few seconds. 

He shook his head and whispered something into Louise's ear and walked away. "I'm sorry Miss Louise, but I am not feeling too well so I'm going to get some rest. Carry on telling everyone about your trip, I can catch up with you tomorrow once I feel a bit better." She nodded and told me to get better soon. 

I walked away from the kitchen and made my way to my room, but before I could get to the hallway of my room a hand gripped my arm and pulled me into a dark room. They pushed me against the door once they closed it and pulled me closer to their body. "I can't do it Marley. I can't just stay in the same place as you but not think about what we did. How you felt against me. How we moved together. It was like you are the missing piece of a puzzle, we fit so well together." I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away slightly. I flicked on the light switch and looked at his face. 

"Damien, we can't. I am not going through this with you again, you already had your way with me, stop trying to make me fall for you even more than I already have. You have Louise, stay with her. She's loyal to you, something I can't say about you. But you was right, last night was a mistake. I know you don't love Louise but she's the one that is made for you. Not me. Your feelings will go soon. Just stay away from me and there won't be a problem." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

I knew his feelings would go soon but I didn't realise how soon that would be.