Chapter 17

I tied the blue bandana around the bun on the top of my head into a small a little bow. "Damien, how long until they get here?" I asked from the en suite, flattening out my off-the-shoulder blue, flowery sundress. Luke and James were going to be here any minute and the only thing I have prepared are their rooms. "Damien!" I yelled when I received no answer from him. 

"Huh?" For the love of all mighty above, save this man from my wrath. I clenched my hands into balls at my side before leaving the bathroom, I planted a sickening smile on my face while I looked at Damien. "Okay you're scary today." He pushed back onto the bed trying to get far away from me and if I wasn't stressed out enough, I would have laughed. 

"Damien, I will ask one last time. How long until they get here? Please don't ignore me again because I am not playing today, I have already got nothing prepared and if they turn up in a few sec-" I was interrupted by the doorbell, I inhaled sharply and stared at the ceiling shaking my head. "Sweet mother of God, you are in for it today Damien." He stood from the bed and ran out of the room so fast steam was practically following his tail. 

I could hear the chatter of Damien and two unfamiliar voices pulling me away from all of the horrid thoughts I was thinking of how I was going to kill Damien one of these days. I planted a sweet smile on my face and made my way to Rhys who was sat in one of his high chairs by the window in the room. "Mummy is going to hurt your daddy someday Rhys, yes she is." I cooed. "Come on, let's go meet these people." I held him tightly in my arms and followed the voices coming from the lower floor. Damien's back was turned to me but I could see the two men before him. 

The younger one, Luke, had a dazzling smile that could easily break a girls heart, he was dressed in charcoal black ripped jeans with a white polo shirt tucked in to his trousers. His skin was tanned and clear of any blemishes, he was practically a model. His smile gladly showed off a set of pearly white teeth and allowed a hearty laugh to escape from his throat. His grey eyes could pierce into your soul and practically rip out any secrets you have without him having to say a word.

The older one, James, had piercing blue eyes with hardly any wrinkles imbedding his skin except from a few around his eyes when he smiled or laughed. His skin was tanned and he was dressed in a sharp navy blue suit. His eyes were trained on Damien until he noticed me entering the room, his smile immediately dropped and was replaced with a gaping mouth. Damien and Luke noticed his change of demeanour and turned to face what he was looking at. 

A smile was etched into Damiens face as soon as he met my eyes and Luke was looking between Damien and I before resting his gaze on Rhys. "Well, who is this Damien?" Luke asked. 

"This-" He pulled me into his hold, wrapping his arm around my waist, "This is Marley and this is my son Rhys." He answered with a wide smile. 

"Son?" Luke puzzled. "I only saw you on the phone a few months ago and there was no mentioning of a son, this little has to be a year old."

"Year and 5 months actually." I piped in. 

"When was you going to tell me about this Damien?" Luke challenged turning to look at Damien.

"When I was going to meet him myself." Damien stated. 

"What do you mean 'meet him yourself'? Surely you was there for his birth?"

"Nope. I only met him two months ago." Luke turned back to me. 

"You took away his son?" I was slightly taken aback by his accusation. I mean it was an obvious accusation to come up with but did he have to instantly put the blame on me. 

"It wasn't her fault." Damien began saving me from the embarrassment of telling him the actual story. I turned my gaze to James who was staring at me but his mouth was closed and studying my face, looking for anything that would take away his confusion. "I sent her away when I found out she was pregnant. I had cheated on Louise and when Louise found out I was angry and scared so I sent Marley away after Louise broke up with me." 

"Oh. Well, don't be so stupid next time." Luke turned to me and quickly apologised. "I am so sorry, it was quite rude of me to accuse that of you."

"That's okay. I can understand that you would take Damien's side, after all you know nothing about me."

"Yes. Well we can change that over the next two weeks then can't we?"

"We can." I turned my gaze back to James. "You must be James?" He broke out of his daze and looked at the hand I had stretched out to him. 

"Yes." He took my hand and shook it. "I'm sorry but have we met?" 

"I don't think so."

"You look oddly familiar, but I can't put my finger on it." 

"I am sure it will come to you soon."

"I sure do hope so." He laughed. 

"Please do sit down somewhere, I'm sorry about the toys I didn't have time to tidy up this morning because someone didn't tell me how long it would be until you would get here." I glared at Damien who was smiling at me like a young boy being scolded. 

"In trouble with the missus already, Damien?" Luke teased. 

"Yes he is." I answered for him. 

"Let's get out of here before she kills me." Damien steered Luke out of the room but James stayed behind. 

"Would you like a drink? Tea, coffee, something stronger?"

"Do you have a beer?" He asked.

"I think we do. Come with me and I'll get you one then I'll start making some lunch." He followed me to the kitchen and sat on one of the stools, I blushed when I looked at the counter remembering what Damien and I did a couple nights ago. I was joking when he could have me for dessert, but when he came down to the kitchen after putting Rhys to sleep and sat me on the counter before ripping off my underwear and eating his dessert... All jokes left my body and I just let him have his way with me. 

I opened the fridge and grabbed an ice cold beer from the fridge. I sat Rhys down in his high chair next to James and twisted the cap off of the bottle. "Would you like a glass or do you just want the bottle?"

"I'll just have the bottle. Thank you." I took a swig of his beer before sitting it down on the table and started playing with Rhys. "So, tell me about yourself Marley."

"There isn't much to tell."

"Sure there is. What do you do? What do your parents do? That sort of thing."

"Well, I do nothing at the moment I am a stay at home mum, I did work for Damien a few years ago but then I fell pregnant with Rhys and well you heard in the living room what happened there." I let out a nervous chuckle. "I have no parents. My father was never part of my life when he found out my mother was pregnant he never came to see me or her, then when I was seven my mum died, I became an orphan."

"I am so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a situation I was in almost 20 years ago."

"Damien told me about that. He wanted me to know because of- well because of what happened to me." 

"I understand that. Please don't think ill of me Marley, I had to put my family first." 

"I understand that, but don't you think you should have given the child a chance to know their father?"

"Yes I do. I never told anyone but it was a little girl, I don't know her name only what she looked like as a child. Her mother was beautiful, one of the most beautiful women I have had the pleasure of meeting. I was angry at my wife Katherine and I just wanted to do something to make her angry, unfortunately it also ended up with me breaking a young woman's heart." 

"Did you ever talk to her after you slept with her?" He nodded, taking a gulp of his beer. 

"I did. I met with her a few times after, purely innocent meeting, I told her I was married, I told her it was a mistake, then I met her when she told me she was pregnant."

"Do you regret it?"

"Every single day of my life."