Chapter 38

"Are you excited for today?" I asked Damien as he lifted his cup of tea to his lips. His audible slurp resonated in the room making a shiver go down my spine.

"Sorry." He chuckled. "I'm extremely excited but I am also really nervous. What do you do at these things? Do I shake their hand or hug them?"

"You don't have to do any of that Damien, you just act like your normal self. It's not like you're meeting my family, it's just the doctor." I laughed.

"I know, it's just it's my first time and I don't understand how you act around these people." He exhaled sharply.

"Just be calm, normal, polite. Don't raise your voice at the doctor okay."

"Do you think she will assume I'm a bad father and boyfriend because I haven't shown up to any of the other appointments?"

"Of course not, you've had work and business offers and you've just hit a huge deal on the construction site in Bristol. I promise you she will not think any less of you darling."

The duvet was up to my shoulders as I laid down next to Damien who was sat up and nervously slurping his tea. "I just feel like a lousy father, I haven't spent much time with Rhys and with this little one on the way I don't want to fail them like I've failed Rhys."

I lay my head onto his bicep and look up at him, as soon as our eyes clash he looks away. "Look at me," I say. "Damien, look at me," I repeat. He continues to look away. "Damien." He slowly turns his head to me but his eyes were distant, cold and clouded. "You need to snap out of this, you are a human being. We all make mistakes in our lifetime and you have made plenty of mistakes, many towards me. But you are not a lousy father, anyone can see that you love Rhys very much and you'll love this little one the same amount."

A gust of wind blows through the window and the hot spring air hits my naked back as the duvet slowly drops from my shoulder. I shuffle closer to him and throw my leg over his dragging myself on top of him. "You need to stop being a stubborn prick that only thinks about yourself. You have many people that support you, I believe you are a good father, your mother believes you are, Luke believes you are, everyone you care about believes that you are a good father. Snap out of this shitty mood and be the man I know you are."

"Why do you always have to be so realistic?" He demands in a teasing tone.

"Because I hate it when you feel sorry for yourself, you're strong. You shouldn't feel sorry for yourself, feel good about yourself, believe in yourself. You are amazing, you do so so much for Rhys and me, I hate that you can't see how much people believe in you. Yes, I may come off mean and unsupportive when I tell you things that should be said in a nice tone, but sorry that's Marley when she's not pregnant." I sigh.

"Mmm," He places his tea onto the bedside table and holds onto my hips, "You're so beautiful. Being pregnant makes you glow darling."

"Oh I know and another bonus of being pregnant means I'm always turned on." I purr and rub my hands over his chest.

"I can tell."

"We have about 15 minutes before we need to get ready." I lift an eyebrow and smirk. He smiles and presses a gentle kiss against my lips.

"Do we now?" He mumbles against my lips. His hands roam my waist and he gently grabs onto the skin on my hips, leaving light red marks on them to show that I'm his.

"Mhm." My breath gets caught in my throat as he gently slaps his hand on my arse.

"It won't matter if we're about 20 minutes late." I giggle and throw my head back with excitement as he growls into my ear. 

Finally.

****

"Hurry up Damien, you and your sexual antics have made us late! Now, this is going to make us give a bad impression to the doctor." I huff. Damien chuckles his deep, beautiful chuckle that makes me weak at the knees. "Don't laugh like that because we need to get to the doctors quickly and if you continue to laugh like that it will make me turn this car around and keep you in bed all day." 

"Darling, we're here. We've been here for about two minutes." I look out my window and we were at the doctor's. 

"Oh. Well, you could have said that!" I unclick the seatbelt and jump out of the car, practically running into the hospital leaving Damien to catch up behind me. I register in and the nurse at the front desk informs me that my normal midwife has called in sick today with a stomach bug and we have a substitute. "Damien it isn't the normal midwife so you might not need to impress this one." 

"Okay, my love." He kissed my cheek when he sat next to me, out of breath from trying to catch up with me. The new doctor called us almost as quickly as Damien sat next to me, dragging out a string of complaints from Damien. 

The doctor was a young, gorgeous male who looked as if he had just left Medical school. It was bad but I couldn't keep my eyes away from his black locks, he reminded me a lot of Damien when I first met him. "He's gorgeous," I whispered to Damien. 

"Shut up otherwise I'll give you a smacked bottom when we get home to show who owns you."

"Oh shus, it's not like I'm going to go and have sex with him."

"Better fucking not." He mutters.

"Good morning, you must be Miss Lea?" 

"Please call me Marley." I smile, holding my hand out to him. He grabs it and shakes it firmly. 

"You are four months pregnant now, yes?" I climbed onto the bed and lifted my top as he grabbed the bottle of gel. 

"Five months to go now until we get to meet our little boy," I answered, taking a sharp breath as the gel hit my belly.

"It's a girl Marley, trust me I have a feeling," Damien argued.

"Maternal instinct darling." I laugh.

"I see that you are both already beginning the bet." 

"Oh, we started as soon as we found out there was going to be a new addition to the family. Damiens mother is in on it too, as is my father." 

"You've gotten the whole family in it," The doctor laughed, tapping a few buttons and then he turned the screen towards us. "There is your baby."

"Wow." I heard Damien whisper in awe. A smile filled my lips, beginning to hurt my cheeks. I already love him so much. 

"Would you like to know the gender?"

"Yes." We said at the same time. The doctor smiled and pointed at the screen. 

"Your baby is a..."

****

Hey guys! I would like to apologise immensely! I know it's an excuse used often but due to corona, my school has given me so much work to do as I'm in my final year of sixth form and I've had to gather evidence for my grade. This has caused me to have no time for writing. 

This is the first update of many and I really do apologise for the poorly written chapter it's mainly a filler chapter but from this chapter on the final chapter are going to have time jumps in them, not as big as this four-month one but monthly time jumps. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you enjoy the next few chapters too!