Chapter 20

Marley Lea

I feel Damien's hand clasp mine into a gentle, but firm grip once we pull up at the venue. It was a castle, or at least it looked like a castle because of the historic style, the property must have been the of a thousand acres, maybe more. Vines framed the building, with the odd few flowers and leaves sprouting out of them. Cars were lining up behind us as we sat waiting in the car. I can't go in there, I don't belong with these people I am the lowest of the low compared to these. Tall, beautiful women walked oh-so elegantly past the car, how could I compare to these women?

"Hey, what's wrong?" I whipped my head around to Damien looking away from the building. His eyes held a look of familiarity and worry.

"I- I can't go in there, Damien. Look at all these people-" I gestured to the men and women behind me "-they're all so elegant and well dressed, which I'm not saying this isn't a lovely dress because it is, it's gorgeous. I'm what they would call 'riffraff', these people are like royalty and all I am is a lowly maid, no achievements, no success, I'm just a nobody. They all of successes and a name for themselves, I won't ever fit in with your world. You go and have a lovely night, I better go home I don't want to give you a bad name." He gazed at me in disbelief but there was hidden amusement glimmering in his eyes.

"You have no idea how much I love you. Do you think I am worried about being seen with you? You're right, you may not have a name for yourself, but you have the biggest achievement out of every single person in that room. You're a mother, a brilliant one at that, that is the biggest success you could ever have. So what, you don't have any certificates or awards to prove that it's a real achievement, but you have a son that you love dearly, no amount of qualifications or awards or anything can amount to that. Look at me -" He takes my head into his hands and look right into my eyes "-don't ever think that I would be embarrassed of you, you couldn't give me a bad name even if you tried to. Having you by my side is all I will ever need, don't you forget that. Alright? Now chin up, dry those gorgeous blue eyes and smile that beautiful smile I fell for all those years ago."

"Alright." I wiped my under-eye and looked at my finger thanking the Gods for wearing waterproof mascara.

"Beautiful. Absolutely enchanting." Damien beamed. "And you're all mine." He placed a gently kiss on my lips, when he pulled back I brushed my finger against his bottom lip rubbing away the cherry red lipstick that melted onto his lip. He followed every move I made with his eyes before lifting them back to meet mine, only to be dark with desire.

"Now now Damien, we have a ball to attend. No hanky pinky this evening-" I unclipped my seatbelt just as my door opened "-not yet anyway." I wink. Once the cold night air hit my skin I finally felt calm, more relaxed, I was ready, ready to face these people. I curled tendril of hair was brushed behind my ear and I shivered, thought it was not from the breeze.

"I am going to make love to you through the entire night when we get home." His hot breath hit my ear and my stomach muscles clenched with anticipation.

"Not fuck?" I ask, I swallowed to moisten my dry glands.

"Make love to you, Marley." His voice was low and husky, as if he had just awoken from a night's rest. My head rolled back onto his shoulder and his stubble brushed against my cheek.

"Can we fuck afterwards?"

"We can do whatever your heart desires."

"I want you to fuck me over the balcony."

"Your wish will be granted, my love." He lips skimmed my jaw and I tugged my bottom lip in between my teeth, holding back a moan. "Let's go and greet our guests."