Chapter 28

Bora Bora was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Our hut was the furthest away from the land in the shallower part of the Ocean, the shallow side was so light you could see our shadows underneath us as we swam out to the deep side. There were tall mountains covered in greenery that had the perfect light hitting it in the right angle and it looks so gorgeous. Yet I couldn't seem to enjoy it. 

"What's wrong?" Damien asked me for the third time today. 

"Nothing." I dismiss. 

"Marley, I know that something is wrong you have been off for the past couple of days that we've been here. Have I done something wrong?" 

"No!" I yell. "No." I say more quietly. "I just- I don't like being away from Rhys." 

"We can go home if you want to." He suggests. "I'll call Alex and get him to get the Captain ready to come and collect us, we'll be home by tomorrow evening." 

"No don't do that. I want to be here, I need to be here. I haven't been separated from Rhys apart from the time when I gave him to you for those three days. He's my drug I'm going through withdrawals and it's painful to be away from him for so lone and to know that I won't see him for another twelve days, frightens me. What if something goes wrong? What if Mary-Jane doesn't give him the right amount of medicine for the cold he has? What is someone kidnaps him? What if Curtis-" He cuts me off by pressing his lips against mine. 

The instant I feel his warm lips on mine I immediately relax and feel refreshed and calm, serene. His touch calmed me down in a second and the thoughts that had once rushed into my head, exited my train of thought as quickly as they came. I moan when his tongue collides with mine and I can't help but squeeze his arms to keep me from falling backwards into the water. 

"Marley," He breathes once our lips weren't tangled together, "None of that will happen. Rhys is in the best care you could possibly ask for and I wouldn't let anything you said happen to our little boy. You're going to stress yourself out if you keep on thinking about all of the bad things that could happen. Keyword could, it could happen but it won't because I am keeping a close eye on them all. We can call him before his bed time if that makes you feel any better." 

"Okay."

"Okay?" I nod. "Great. Now let's go for a swim and I can fulfil my promise you you about making love in the Ocean." 

****

"Hello sweetie." I smile at the phone when Rhys' face pops up and he beams at me showing his dimples. 

"Mama." He claps his hands together and kicks against Mary-Jane to try and grab the phone. 

"Rhys be careful." I warn calmly. I hear a clatter behind me and I turn around to see Damien picking up a jar that had fallen out of the cupboard in the open bathroom.

"Sorry." He mouths, I smile and shake my head and turn back to Rhys who was now holding the phone close to his face. 

"I miss you so much baby, so so much." I wipe away a tear and sniff. "It's only been two days since I last saw you, two days. I don't ever want to be away from you for this long ever again." Damien joins me and pulls me into his side and takes the phone away from me so that I could calm down. 

"Huya buddy." 

"Dada!" Rhys squeal. 

"That's right, it's daddy. Mummy will be back in a little bit, alright." I chuckle only to make snot drip down my chin which made me cry even harder. I stood from my chair and step over to the bathroom. 

"It's just two weeks Marley, come on." I tell myself. The tissue on the bathroom counter eyes me and move to grab some so I could wipe away the tears and go back out to see my little boy. "Two weeks is nothing. Just think of how many cuddles you can have as soon as you see him and you can never let go of him if you want to. This is crazy, I'm talking to myself in a mirror while snot and tears run down my face, such a pretty sight." I laugh at myself and sigh. "Come on Marley, calm down. Two weeks, that's all just two weeks." 

I throw away my tissue and open up the glass door, Damien was talking about what Bora Bora was like to Rhys when I got back and Rhys looked so invested. "It's got a beautiful blue Ocean and beautiful trees and sand. A gorgeous view of your mummy. You would love it here Rhys."

"We'll have to have a family holiday here when you're older so you can enjoy the sun and the water more." I join in. We continue to talk for another ten minutes until Mary-Jane suggests bedtime to Rhys when he yawns a few times. "Bye bye baby. Mummy and daddy love you so much."

"Bye-Bye mama." Rhys waves at me. The screen shuts off and I burst into tears again. 

"Hey. Hey, what's wrong Marley? It's not just because of not being with Rhys anymore, it's something else." 

"I hate being away from him. I get scared that something is going to happen or that Curtis will turn up here while you're swimming and he'll do something to me and you won't get back in time. That's what happened the last time I left Rhys but you had gotten to me in time, well not in time but pretty quickly."

"Marley, forget about him. He's gone, he is far away, he might even be dead who cares about him. He was a horrible person from your past that doesn't even deserve any recognition or remembrance in your life. You have me and you have Rhys, maybe in the near or far future we'll have another one running around with Rhys. Try to think about the future and the present not about the past. The past is in the past, what you went through is terrible and traumatic and you will never ever get over that, but the best you can do is cover those memories with new ones, good ones. Memories that you can remember and have a smile grow on your face."

"I know but what if he does come back?"

"If he comes back then I will sort that out. You don't have to worry about a thing, nothing at all. All I care about is that you are happy and healthy, if you want me to I will hire a private investigator to track Curtis."

"No don't do that." I rush out. "You're right, I need to forget about it."

"Marley, I love you. Whenever you think about stuff like this I want you to talk to me, not bottle it up inside until you feel like you can't talk to me."

"I don't want to be annoying, what if you get enough of me and find someone younger and prettier than me?" It was stupid to even suggest it but it's possible.

"Don't say that. It will never happen, you're it for me Marley, I can't see myself with anyone other that you and if that ever happened then I would never be complete. You're the mission piece to my puzzle." He presses a kiss to my forehead. "You're hand fits in mine perfectly." He kisses my cheek. "And the way you body fits against mine," he groans and kisses my other cheek, "It's the most incredible feeling in the world." His lips are on mine in an instant. 

I fist his hair in my hands and grip onto it like my life depended on it. He was right, we were two missing pieces of a puzzle, his body fit against mine like Cinderella's glass slipper fit her foot perfectly. His lips were devouring me like he had been starved for years, the kiss was sloppy but filled with lust and hunger. "Damien." I moan. 

"Mmm?" He grunts into the kiss when I cup him through his trousers. 

"I think we should move this to the bedroom."

"Uh-huh." He nods and slips his tongue into my mouth. 

This I what I need. This man right here, is all I need. I just didn't know how much until it was too late.