Chapter 27

"I can't believe we're going home tomorrow." I mutter to Damien as we are waiting in line for Small World once again. If we ever come here again I swear I am not going on this ride. 

"It's been fun while it's lasted. But this time next week, we'll be Rhys free and having sex in the ocean." He whispered in my ear.

"Damien! The ocean? You have no boundaries at all." I laugh and make sure Rhys hadn't heard him, when I saw that he was too busy playing with the panda on his pram I turned back to Damien. "The ocean sounds great." I smirk. Just as I said that the queue rapidly started to go down and soon we had gone onto the ride a couple dozen times and were now back in the room packing for tomorrow morning. 

Our flight was at four in the morning and it would take nine hours to get back home on the plane. I missed home, I missed my friends, I surprisingly missed James but would I ever become a daughter again?

****

It was later in the evening and I had just put Rhys down to sleep. Damien was sat in the living room and was reading the newspaper with his reading glasses and the fire lit. His shirt sleeves were rolled up to the crook of his elbow and fuck did he look hot.

"Phew," I fanned myself as I entered and blew out a breath of air, "Is it just me or is there an incredibly sexy man sat on the sofa right now?" He smiled his breathtaking smile and closed the newspaper, folding it and putting down on the sofa. 

"There is definitely a sexy man on the sofa." 

"Hmm yes there is." I joined him on the sofa and he wrapped me in his arms as we both looked at the fire with my head on his chest.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" 

"Life." I sighed. A frown found my face and I sighed again. 

"What is it?" He asked. 

"I was just thinking about James." 

"James?"

"Yeah."

"Why was you thinking about James?" I think about how I came to think of him.

"I was just thinking, would I ever be someone's daughter again." 

"You're still someones daughter, even if he wasn't there you still have a dad. My dad was barely ever there, he might have been there for me more than James was for you but he never cared for me and I still had a dad. James may not show that he care because he wasn't there during your childhood, but he does. He really does care about you."

"He hurt me, badly. But I lost my mum years almost twenty years ago and I have been longing for a dad ever since. I knew I wasn't wanted by him then but I couldn't help but feel like maybe he would want me if I became successful, so I worked hard at school and yet I still only worked as a maid."

"Do you want James in your life?"

"I don't know anymore."

"If you want to have James in your life, I support your decision. You know that I will support every decision you make. Everyone makes mistakes in their life, James made a big one and he regrets it. I suggest that if you don't want to talk to him, ask yourself this: Will I regret that decision? Because I think you will. In twenty years James might not be here anymore and you will rethink the decision you have made today." I look up at him and he presses a chaste kiss on my lips.

Will I regret my decision?

****

We had planned to go home on a normal plane to give Rhys the experience even though he was young and our flight had been delayed because of the storm. Damien had gone somewhere to get food and to get his plane over here and take us home. I thought about what Damien had told me earlier and thought about the same question I have been asking myself for the past three hours since getting in that taxi.