Chapter 34

Christmas was a week away and I had been planning on how to set everything up. Only a week ago had Damien and I decided that we would have Christmas here, it was the best option so we were close to James if he woke up and Luke and Maddie would be staying here until Christmas along with George and Julia. George and I had grown a bond and he was a father figure to me until I found out about James, he was still a father figure but I've finally met my real dad and even though I've known about it for a couple of months I feel us growing a bond together since he was admitted to hospital after the accident.

I realised that life is incredibly short and you just don't know when something is going to happen, the past is the past it should be forgotten and I need to focus on the present and the future. James will be awake for Christmas and I will have at least another twenty years to catch up with him.

"Hello." I greeted Damiens mum and stepdad as they enter Damien's house.

"Marley, it's so great to see you darling." Her arms engulfed my body into a warm, motherly hug.

"I've missed you both so much." I tell them as I let go of Julia and hug George. "Let's get Christmas on the road and begin to gather all of the Christmas spirit that we can. Because it's Christmas!"

The room filled with laughter and Damien switched on the radio and Christmas music blasted through the speakers. Rhys waddled over to us and everyone cheered him on as he took his first steps without falling over and without any support. I feel good about this, everything is going to get better, I know it will.

****

"Hey." I turn around and smile at Damien who was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed against his chest making him look every bit of sexy.

"Hey you." I tug my lip between my teeth and twirl around on the chair in his study.

"Are you alright there?" He asks as I spin off of the chair a bit.

"I may or may not be just a little bit," I hold my fingers and inch away from each other, "drunk."

"It four in the evening." He laughs.

"Fuck it! It's Christmas!" I stand from the chair and stumble over my steps, giggling at the floor that was inches away from me until I thud onto the ground and hiccup. "Sorry." I whisper.

"Come on. Luke and Maddie just got here, Luke wants to go to the hospital."

"Alright! I'm going." He drags me up from the floor and I slam into his rock hard chest. "Oh, what do we have here." I lick my lips and stare down at the perfectly muscled, cloth covered torso. "Just a little peak." I clutch onto his shirt and drag it up over his abs, almost drooling over the gorgeous sight. "I forget about these."

"I don't know how, you see them almost every night."

"Oh I know, I want to see something else right now." My hands moves on its own and cups his growing friend through his trousers.

"Marley," He croaks, "our family is downstairs. We can't do this now."

"We can. Or are you too scared that mummy dearest will find us doing the naughty." I slowly unzip his trouser zipper and grab his manhood, surprised that he had gone commando today. "Oh, it looks like someones ready for me." I giggle.

"Marley." He groans.

"Shh, let me do all of the work. You deserve it after all." I fall gently down onto my knees in front of him and force his trousers down his legs until they hit the floor. "I love the way your body reacts to my touch. Mmm."

"Marley, please-" He begs.

"Please what?"

"Please, give me what I deserve."

"As you wish, Sir."

****

Once he pulled his trousers back up to his hips and zipped them back together, I stood from my knees and wipe my mouth on the back of my hand. "Thank you." He grabs my cheeks and pulls me towards him and places a sweet kiss on my lips.

"You're very welcome, sir."

"I will throw you over that desk if you call me sir one more time."

"Ooo don't tempt me." I wink and smirk at him.

"Marley."

"Let me go and see my brother." I rush out of the office and make an entrance in the living room where everyone had been sat since Luke and Maddie had arrived. "Luke!"

"Hey, Marley." I greet him with a hug and then hug Maddie. "You wanted to go to the hospital Luke, well I'm ready to go!"

"Are you drunk?"

"Just a little bit."

"Okay." He shrugs. "Let's go then."

"Awesome. Have fun guys, but not too much fun because when I get back I want to party!"

I trip over the step of the door and laugh as I do so. Luke steadies me and gestured for his driver to open the door. "How do you think dad is doing?" I ask him as I try to sober up in the car once we were both settled and the car started to moved.

"Probably not awake yet." He sighs.

"He'll wake up soon, I can feel it. This week is a good week."

"God I hope so." I grab his hand and squeeze it reassuringly.

"Love you." I smile.

"Love you too."

The drive to the hospital was silent as I continued to drink another bottle of water and almost started to feel a little less drunk and more on the tipsy side. Although as I strolled into the hospital my brain and feet definitely did not know what a straight line was.

"Marley, just so you know, dad might not wake up soon. He might not even be here for Christmas, so I just want you to begin to prepare for that outcome."

"I've already been preparing Luke, but he will wake up. I know he will, we just have to have faith." He sighs but smiles nonetheless. "Come one, let's go and say hello to dad and then I want to party."

Luke pushes open the door to dads room and my heart stopped. "Hi guys, what are you doing here?" Dad was sat upright on his bed as a nurse plumped up his pillow behind his head.

"I am way too drunk for this." I mutter. My hand reaches up to my mouth and I heave, Luke grabs the bin next to him and holds it up in front of me. The contents of my stomach empty into the bin.

Let me tell you, I was definitely not in the mood to party.