Chapter 29

I had calmed down about not being near Rhys by the fourth day in. Yesterday was a bit of a roller coaster as well, tears, snot and mess, still Damien hadn't laughed at me and was only getting more loving everyday. He really is trying his best to make up for the past, even though I've told him I forgive him there's still this little part of me that hasn't and I don't think it ever will, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Come on." I put down my book and push down my sun glasses to the tip of my nose and eyed Damien's form. His arms were crossed and water was dripping down his torso, making my mouth water at the sight that was in front of me.

"Where are we going?" I ask. He grabs a couple of towels from the balustrade and puts them around his neck.

"We are going Jet Skiing. I booked us an hours slot in ten minutes." Jet Skiing? I put my book on top of my beach bag and stand from the sun lounger.

"Alright, I'll go and grab my kaftan."

"Why would you do that?"

"There's people around and they might stare at me or something. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." I explained, making a move to the bedroom but stopped when Damien put his arm in front of me.

"Marley, it won't make me feel uncomfortable. If people stare or say something it just shows that I have a beautiful girlfriend that captures the eyes of everyone. If you want to wear a kaftan because it makes you uncomfortable with only being in a bikini then you can, but seeing your gorgeous self like this in front of me doesn't make me feel uncomfortable."

"I'll take it with me in case I get cold." I smile.

"Alright, hurry up though we now have eight minutes!"

****

After we had gone around on a Jet Ski for an hour he told me he had booked the Bora Bora Jet Ski Tour where we could have lunch at Bloody Mary's and then go Shark Stingray Snorkelling. That's where we were now at lunch in the Bloody Mary's.

"Did you know that Bloody Mary wasn't a very good Queen?" I mentioned.

"I did not. I hadn't taken History for an A-Level so I never learnt about it. Why wasn't she a good Queen?" He asked as he took a bite of his salmon.

"She was, at first, very popular by the people because she beheaded Lady Jane Grey and the Duke of Northumberland."

"Why was that a good thing?" He laughed slightly.

"In the Western Rebellion, Northumberland was very brutal in Norwich and no one liked him. Mary had gone to Norwich for safety because he wanted to lock her away so she couldn't get in the way of Lady Jane Grey becoming Queen illegally. So she befriends the Norwich people and after Lady Jane Grey is Queen for nine days she goes to England beheads Northumberland and Lady Jane Grey and then becomes Queen herself."

"So she became popular for killing and English Monarch?"

"Well Lady Jane Grey wasn't supposed to be Queen, her father, Northumberland, he made Edward VI put in his will that he want Jane Grey to become Queen when he died, but he died of tuberculosis before it could become official. Mary was supposed to become Queen anyway because she was the next in line where she was Edwards sister, although Henry VIII had made her illegitimate when he divorced Catherine of Aragon but later on undid that."

"Okay, so why wasn't she a good Queen?" I ate a bite of my pasta and cleared my throat.

"She was a Catholic, the whole of England had been Protestant for a long time and because of Thomas Cranmer who was the Archbishop of Canterbury at the time he allowed Henry's and Catherine of Aragon's divorce. She wasn't pleased about it because she then illegitimate and she then hated Protestants. By the end of her reign she had killed two hundred and eighty nine protestants and was the most hated Queen ever. She had also married her second cousin who was a Spaniard and England hated the Spanish at the time."