Chapter 25

The alarm clock blared and I groaned at the intrusion of my sleep. I slowly started to drift off back to sleep, not wanting to awaken just yet, when I heard Rhys cry from his bedroom. "Damien." I pushed him to get his attention but he grunted in response. "Damien it's time to wake up, we have a plane to catch."

"I'll be up in a few minutes." I pulled off my eye mask, welcoming the dark sky through a gap in the curtains, and threw it onto the duvet. I looked at the clock to see that it was barely four in the morning. I climbed out of bed and slipped on my slippers and  made my way to soothe Rhys, he had only started teething not so long ago and already had four of his front teeth two on each set.

"Hey baby boy. Mummy's here." I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand to reduce the blurriness that clouded over my vision. I moved closer to his cot and saw him standing there, dripping tightly onto the bars of his cot. "Hey baby." He stood away from the bars and lifted his arms up, I picked him up and gently rocked him back and forth as he stared up at me, calming down. I hadn't prepared any bottles for him yet so I reluctantly decided to breastfeed him even after trying really had to get him off of it since he became a year old.

I looked down as he sucked on my nipple, "You was very hungry." I wince as his grip on the side of my breast tightened, demanding more milk. "Ouch." I pried his hand away from my breast and he held onto my finger.

"What I would give to be in his position right now." I heard Damien say from the door with a groggy voice. I turned to him and his gaze darkened under the hallway light as he saw the innocent act that was happening.

"Oh yeah? What would you give?"

"Everything I owned." He said it so fast I thought the words just tumbled out like jargon.

"Well maybe you might get luck one day, you'd have to start from the beginning if you did though."

"I would start all over again without hesitating if I could still come home to you two." He stepped closer towards us and as his feet met mine he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer towards him and held onto Rhys's free hand. "I love you."

"And I love you." I briefly pressed lips to his. "But I would love you even more if you could make me a lovely cup of tea."

"Anything for you." He pressed another kiss to my lips before pulling away with a sharp breath and reluctantly left me to feed Rhys.

"Your daddy is a good man Rhys. A very good man indeed."

****

"Have you got everything?" I asked Damien as he zipped up his suitcase.

"Yes, Marley. After the tenth time of you asking I have got everything I need." He uttered with annoyance.

"Don't take that tone with me, I am just making sure you haven't forgotten anything." I bit back with the same tone. He held his hand up in a sign of surrender.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get annoyed, I'm just tired and sex starved and in need of a really good cup of coffee and I don't even drink the stuff." He groaned.

"Sex starved? We fucked last night!"

"We made love Marley."

"That was most certainly not making love, that was one hundred percent fucking. I mean that thing that you did on the sofa was-" I paused to fan myself with my hands as I flushed from the memory of last night "-let's just say I definitely want you to do that again."

"Even though you was bent that way?"

"Definitely by being bent that way." A rush of desire run through my veins and filled the growing pit in my stomach as I remembered every inch of last night.