Chapter 8

It's been three days since he proposed the deal. I desperately wanted to say no deal but I wanted to be with my son, and these past few days without him have been hell. So the best I could do was ask him to give me time. He doesn't understand what I have been through these past two years, while he's lived in luxury. Because of him I am only hanging on with the support of a thin bit of rope and if it snaps then...

I'll be gone. But I have to keep fighting. For Rhys. 

I was pulled away from my thoughts by a loud knocking on my door, causing the caravan to shake. I put down my flip phone and wandered over to the door, the bad thing about living in a caravan is that there is no peephole to see who's out there, and this is the moment that I wished I didn't live in a caravan.

Once I opened the door a strong hand wrapped itself around my neck and pushed me against the wall behind me placing his other hand on top of the one on my neck, slamming the door against the wall next to it when they stormed in. "Hello again little darling. It seems that you haven't paid me back yet." I was gasping for breath and clawing at his hands trying to get him to loosen his hold.

"I'm s-sorry." He finally loosened his hold after hearing my voice and the burning fire of anger in his eyes turned to lust instead. Not again. 

"You know, you could pay me in a different way, like you did with all of those men I owed money to back in the good old days." He moved his head and dipped it down into the crook of my neck and breathed in, I could see his body relax now that I was in his hold. 

"It was good for you, not for me Curtis. You get off on weird stuff like that." He lifted his head and placed a hand around my neck again.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" He roared.

"N-Nothing." I choked out. 

"I'm gonna teach you a fucking lesson." He growled. I struggled to breath and he ripped me off the wall and pushed me down onto the small sofa at the end of the room. He loosened his grip and I gasped for breath.

"Please, no. You don't want to do this." He let out a husky laugh that sounds like he smokes two hundred cigarettes a day when he only smokes twenty. I looked up at him, tears were brimming my eyes and I felt all of the colour drain from my face when I saw him undo his belt. "Curtis please." I whimpered.

"Oh I do love it when you beg." I let out a small cry and remembered that he always loved it when I said 'please don't.' He's always thought it was an act, all part of the act to turn him on, it never was. "Oh don't stop begging baby. It helps stay ready for you." He purred. He whipped off his belt and threw it on the floor behind him, he then undid his button and zip, slowly, trying to 'tease' me. He slid his hands up my legs and travelled to my pyjama bottoms, he started to pull down my bottoms sliding over my pussy.

A cold gush of air hit me and I tried to cover up and pull my bottoms back up, but he slapped my hands away and then strikes my cheek. "Stop fucking playing. I love it when you're teasing me but this is getting ridiculous. Take it how you used to." He growled.

I let out another small cry and just lay there, I heard his trousers hit the floor and I looked over my chest pushing, my chin into the crook of my neck and almost fainted. "Curtis, you don't have to do this. I will get you the money and then I will leave. Just leave me alone." I sobbed a guttural sound. 

"Oh baby, baby, baby, I always do this. You know that." I felt the head hit my pussy and I let out a gut-wrenching scream.

Curtis fell forward and on top of me, pushing into me and I let out a gasp from his weight on mine and all air escaped my lungs. I was pushing at his shoulders but he wouldn't move. "No. Stop!" I shouted, closing my eyes from the searing pain shooting through my body. I heard the door hit the wall from behind Curtis but I couldn't move to see who had entered the caravan, it was probably just one of his friends coming to join in. 

"Get off of her!" I heard a familiar voice yell but I was sure my ears were just playing tricks on me, but when I felt Curtis move off of me, I saw my saviour and knew that it wasn't my mind playing a dirty trick on me. Through my blurred sight caused by my tears, I could see two figures moving slowly, or at least what looked slow to me. Then I saw one figure move towards me before it turned black.

****

My eyes slowly fluttered open, taking in the familiar room. I tried to move my hand up to my eyes but I felt a weight holding it down. My eyes instantly shot open, burning from the bright light shining into them I looked to my right only to see Damien, sitting in a chair next to my old bed holding my hand, sound asleep. Even in his sleep he still looks frustrated. I brought my other hand up to his face and brushed some hair that had fallen over his eyes.

It has gotten longer since I last saw him. His once bright brown eyes had turned into a dull colour. He had dark purple bags under his eyes that looked like he didn't get an ounce of sleep.

He stirred and I pulled my hand back and closed my eyes. I heard him sigh. "I wish you would wake up." I had to keep my breathing in control when I heard his voice. "All I want to do is just apologise to you, and this is the only time I would be able to do that without you getting angry at me. I know I have only had Rhys for a few days, but I love him so much, I want to thank you for bringing him into this world. You have no idea how much I hate myself for not being there for you when you was giving birth to him, I guess I still hadn't grasped the idea of being a dad and losing my fiancé on the same day.

"I just want you to know that if I could take it back, I would. Well not all of it, I wouldn't take back out night together, but everything after that, I would. I don't know what you went through over these past couple of years, but after seeing what I saw the other day, it doesn't look like it was good. I have no right to say it, but I never said it back then and this is the only time that I can say it without you being conscious, but, I'm sorry, I should have never treated you how I did. I treated you like a common whore, a woman on the side. You was being sensible saying that I shouldn't do that to Louise and yet, I still did.

"If I had known that you was a virgin, I would have made it a bit more special than it was. The way it happened, it was like you was a whore just helping me get rid of a problem by fucking me, and I wish I could take it back and do it again but show you how much I love you." I squeezed his hand. "Shit are you awake?" I opened my eyes and faced him.

"Yeah. I'm awake."