53

Author's POV

The tension inside the office was thick, Namjoon was boiling in anger.

"You're not welcome in here. Or even ever." Namjoon leaned back on his chair but Soohyun just scoffed out putting down the sunglasses she was wearing. "Is that how you treat the woman who gave birth to our daughter?" Soohyun taunted with a smirk.

"I don't care if you're a girl but I will not hesitate to punch your face even plastic surgery can't help you. I don't have anything to say to you." Namjoon gritted out but Soohyun casually sat on one of the couch there. "Yeah I don't think that's a good idea Namjoon, you don't want a war between your gang and mine right?" she hums out.

Her gang?

"Keep talking bullshit Soohyun you'll get flies flying to your direction." he said not taking her bluff. "Oh you don't believe me Namjoon? Well then you're meeting the boss of my clan. Ever heard of the Yang Clan?" she smirks. Namjoon paused thinking about a Yang Clan before he widened his eyes. "But you don't even have the Yang blood in you, may I remind you Bae Soohyun you were just a pathetic little girl that I found hiding behind a dumpster years ago." this time Namjoon smirked knowing how much she hates talking about her past.

Soohyun's face twisted in anger, "Listen here and listen well Kim Namjoon, I am declaring a gang war with you and you may have the Kwon Jiyong on your side but mark my words Namjoon. If you don't come back to me your little wife will be in my hands." grabbing her bag as she stood up.

Namjoon chuckled darkly as he looked up to his ex wife. "Oh my dear Soohyun, you really forgot what I'm capable of huh? Fine if it's a war you want, you'll get it. You lose the Yang Clan will be under Kim Clan." He said acting like he isn't taking her seriously but that only fueled Soohyun's anger as she stormed out.

"We'll see who has the last laugh later Namjoon."

"Gang war?" Taehyung widened his eyes at Namjoon's news

"Gang war?" Taehyung widened his eyes at Namjoon's news. "How the hell is she connected with the Yang clan? She's a fuckin orphan for fuck sakes!" Namjoon was already stressed out with the Soohyun's sudden entrance in his office. "I don't fucking know Taehyung. Give Jungkook a call and I want him to do a background check on that woman during the past years." he ordered and Taehyung just fished out his phone to contact the said boy for the job.

Namjoon stared outside of the window with a hard gaze. Problem after problem, things are never peaceful for him and he understands because its a price to pay when you lead a big and powerful gang. His thoughts immediately went to two girls back home, he ran his hands through his hair messing it up.

Kim Namjoon will do everything to protect them. He lost them once not too long ago and he's not letting someone from his past take them away.

The sound of the door unlocking caught Y/N's attention as she was inside the kitchen preparing dinner

The sound of the door unlocking caught Y/N's attention as she was inside the kitchen preparing dinner. Areum was by the kitchen counter doing her homework as the girl looked at Y/N as well, "I'm home." Namjoon's voice was heard by the door. "Daddy!" Areum literally jumped from her chair as she ran towards the door to greet Namjoon.

"Hey sweetie." Namjoon lifted her up in his arms as they both walked inside the kitchen where Y/N stood there in shock. "Namjoon you're home early." she said as the said man walked closer to her giving Y/N a kiss on the lips. "Work finished early today." He said as he looked over the ingredients on the counter. "Daddy's going to take a shower first sweetie." Namjoon said putting down Areum on the chair.

Y/N smiled feeling happy that Namjoon is home early than usual. While he's washing up Y/N continued chopping the vegetables for the stew she is making for dinner.

15 minutes later Namjoon walked back inside the kitchen while sitting next to Areum who's busy doing her homework. "What homework is this?" Namjoon asked his daughter, "English! We just have to write what we see here." Areum explained to her father who looked over her homework. "Finish it up sweetie okay?" he said patting her on the head making Areum nod. He then averted his gaze towards his wife whose had her back facing them as she was busy stirring the pot of stew while humming. He stood up and quietly stood behind Y/N while wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Smells good baby." He hummed placing a kiss on her cheek. Y/N blushed at the gesture, "Well why don't you be useful and check on the soup." she said elbowing him away making Namjoon laugh. "Okay okay." he did what she told him to do. "By the way Areum's school will held a little recital before the fall break. Your daughter got a pretty big role." Y/N whispered the last part to him as Namjoon seemed shocked by the news.

"Really?"

"Yes, ask her when we have dinner." Y/N said and a few minutes later dinner was done. She put two pieces of nuggets on Areum's portion before serving them on the table. Soon the three sat by the table having dinner, "Yummy!" Areum exclaimed as she bit on her nuggets happily while Y/N fed her with a spoonful of rice. "So Areum, I heard you will be having a recital." Namjoon started as he put down his chopsticks while looking at the little girl. Areum nodded excitedly while swallowing her food before talking, "Yes! And I got to play as sleeping beauty." She said.

"Sleeping beauty? You'll be a princess?" Namjoon gasped out making Areum giggle but it slowly fell, "But... I don't want to be sleeping beauty." she said. This made the two adults look at her in shock. What five year old doesn't want to be the princess? Especially as the lead role?

"Why baby? I thought you like princesses." Y/N asked her but Areum shook her head, "I love princesses but I don't like sleeping beauty. She's mean." the little girl pouted. "Mean? Why?" Namjoon asked her.

"Remember that movie we watched mommy? Sleeping beauty was mean to Maleficent and I don't like her." Areum huffed cutely.

"Then what do you want to be?"

"I want to be Maleficent! She can fly and a fairy!"

Namjoon and Y/N made eye contact at her answer before breaking into a smile. "Well you can tell your teacher tomorrow okay?" Y/N said patting her head softly.

"Who will be playing as a prince then?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"Hyunjae!"

"Hyunjae? I thought he went to another school?" Namjoon asked in confusion and not remembering Seokjin telling him that. "He moved a few days ago, you were busy maybe." Y/N said making Namjoon nod.

The dinner continued happily as Areum began to babble on how Maleficent is nicer.

***

phew last update is 31st August and it's already October... whopps