i saw what i saw

Everyone was sat around in a waiting area

Everyone was sat around in a waiting area. Slouched and silent the group of doctors sat contemplating their futures and the disaster that was the last few hours.

Interrupting the silence, Reed simply stated "Someone's getting fired."

The blunt statement was not taken well by the others.

"Stop it."

"She wasn't even my patient." Cristina said, fed up of waiting and wasting her time.

"As you've said. Repeatedly." Phoebe replied in a bored tone while leaning her head on the back of her chair.

"How long is this going to take?" Alex asked, throwing his head back and bouncing his leg impatiently.

Jackson snickered while asking, "Why? Need to make a phone call?" Charles let out a laugh, while Reed giggled. The Seattle Gracer's sat with matching unimpressed expressions.

Alex shot up and lunged at Jackson, who reacted swiftly and the men proceeded to shove and grapple each other, while the other doctors yelled around them. Phoebe stayed seated, rolling her eyes at their pathetic attempts to rile each other up.The aggressive yells caught the attention of the attendings who ran over to break it up.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! That's enough! Are you kidding me?" Owen yelled exasperated while ripping the men apart. Derek and Mark aided and they all held the two residents apart until the booming voice of the chief reached their ears.

"That's enough! What happened here tonight, what happened to that patient was inexcusable!" The chief yelled while shaking his head in utter disappointment. The residents hung their heads as if they were being reprimanded by a parent.
"We're going to be here until I find out who is responsible for it. So, until then, you'll sit down, you'll shut up and you'll wait to be called!" The chief abruptly ended his speech, silencing all those in the waiting room, while calling on Hunt as he walked back into the office.

_______________

While waiting to be called into the office by Webber, Phoebe leant back into her seat, closing her eyes after the exhausting day.
Her peace was interrupted by the irritating whine of Reed's voice.

"Where's that initiative now March?"

"You know what Reed, just shut up. Do you never get tired of just being an insufferable person?" Phoebe asked, completely exhausted by Reed's attitude problem.

"Phoebe, just stop." Charles muttered. Phoebe shook her head at her supposed best friend, not at all surprised that he stood up for Reed Adamson.

"Of course you step in now. Watch yourself Charlie wouldn't want to yell too loud, might get light headed." Phoebe bit back, rolling her eyes.This elicited a laugh from Karev and an unimpressed expression from Charles. "Hey! You can't laugh at him." She pointed at Karev.
After glancing at Charles, Phoebe then directed her irritated wrath upon him, again, snapping, "And don't smile at me."