superfreak

The Seattle home was at peace, settled into the darkness

The Seattle home was at peace, settled into the darkness. It was in the early hours of the morning when Phoebe crept from Jackson's bedroom and made her way down stairs, being guided by the soft moonlight gazing in through the windows. She got two glasses from the kitchen cabinet before she filled them with water, as she was about to exit the kitchen the front door opened. Once she noticed Cristina's distinguishable hair she stayed hidden in the kitchen until she heard a bedroom door open.

Phoebe made her way back to Jackson's room, settled into the bed before handing him over a glass.
"Thanks." He said as he took a sip. "Did I hear the door?" He asked as he put his glass down and laid down in bed.

"Yeah, it was Cristina." Phoebe replied as she followed his lead and laid down on her side facing him.

Jackson hummed in acknowledgment as he closed his eyes praying for a peaceful sleep, something he had been lacking. Phoebe gave him a careful glance before she closed her own eyes. She gave his hand a tentative squeeze to remind him that she was there. Through all the nightmares they were there for each other.

The following morning, Phoebe was walking alongside a gurney as they made their way to the OR. She had Webber leading them and Karev to the left as they gently navigated their car wreck victim. They stepped into the elevator ready for the doors to close when Phoebe quickly placed her hand on the doors. She noticed Alex lingering in the hallway and she gave him an odd look before motioning for him to get in.

"Karev come on, lets go." Webber instructed as he noticed Alex hesitate.

"Uh- I just remembered Dr Hunt needs his lab results. I'll meet you up there." Alex said as he ran in the other direction.

"This patient takes priority- Karev- what the-" Webber tried to argue to Alex's retreating figure.

Phoebe simply looked on in curiosity as the elevator doors slowly closed. Alex was never one to hesitate when it came to getting in on a surgery.

After the surgery Phoebe and Webber were scrubbing out, there were minor complications but the pair managed to work around them to save the patient who had now been taken to his room to rest. 

"Good work today March." Webber complimented as he gave her a quick glance.

Phoebe looked up with a smile, taken by slight surprise. "Thank you Chief." She replied.

"You're thinking trauma, is that right?" Webber inquired as the tap turned off and he dried his hands.

"Um yes, but I'm still open to other things. I still haven't completely made up my mind." Phoebe replied. She thought that she was certain about her speciality but after everything she'd seen, she decided to keep her options open.

"Well, I'm happy to hear that. I think you would do very well in general." Webber replied with a nod.

"Thank you Chief." Phoebe replied. The pair shared appreciative smiles before Webber left.