slow night-so long

Phoebe returned to the house with her music pounding in her ears, heart racing and skin glistening

Phoebe returned to the house with her music pounding in her ears, heart racing and skin glistening. She stretched out her legs using the stairs, her head facing the floor as she closed her eyes and took in deep breaths to steady her fast paced pulse. Her eyes slowly opened and she saw a pair of sock covered feet staring back at her. She glanced up and saw Alex's lips moving but couldn't hear a sound. He wore an irritated look, making Phoebe smirk in amusement before he ripped out her earphones.

"Ow." She muttered as she lifted her shoulder, rubbing it against her ear.

A quick glimmer of amusement sparkled in his eyes before it faded.

"Move." He monotonously instructed.

"Sorry, what was that? I can't really hear you over my ears bleeding." She loudly asked as she rubbed her hands over her ears before she dramatically placed a hand on her forehead. "You know what, I think I'm feeling a bit faint." Phoebe replied with a smile as she slowly slumped against the wall, completely blocking the stairs.

"As long as you start stretching again, I'm pretty happy here. I didn't know you were so flexible." He smirked.

"Ew." She muttered in disdain as she stood and moved out of his way.

"Ha!" Alex exclaimed before laughing manically. "Works every time." He yelled as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Because it's always creepy. Watch it, or I'll give you another black eye." She called after him as she sped up the steps, hoping the bathroom was free. She mentally cheered when she saw the door open and grabbed her towel quickly from the radiator before Lexie blocked her path.

"Woah." Phoebe exclaimed, stopping quickly before she knocked into her friend, who held a look of worry on her face. "Are you okay?" Phoebe asked furrowing her brows, placing a gentle hand on Lexie's arm.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I mean it's not me I'm worried about." Lexie stressed, biting her thumbnail.

"Explain." Phoebe replied, completely confused on what was worrying Lexie and also slightly stressing about being late for work.

"It's about Jackson." Lexie explained. Phoebe dropped her hand back to her side and rolled her eyes, which Lexie, in her worried state, missed. "He's been having really bad nightmares. I mean I had to shake him awake tonight."

"I know." Phoebe advised with a nod before she attempted to move around Lexie to get to the bathroom but Lexie blocked her path once again.

"We have to do something though, right? I mean he can't be okay. It was really bad Phoebe, I could hear him from upstairs." Lexie stressed, her large puppy eyes staring helplessly at Phoebe who tried to maintain her neutral expression and not portray her annoyance.