loyalty

The overpopulated house of Meredith Grey had gained another doctor on the evening of February 20th

Phoebe stepped out of the downstairs bathroom with a black dress draped over her figure perfectly. Her tanned skin was complimented by the off the shoulder design. She made her way back into the living room, face bare but hair meticulously styled out of her face.

"What about this one?" She asked as she posed in front of the cross legged Lexie.

With an excited gasp Lexie exclaimed, "Definitely! This is perfect."
With a spin Phoebe smiled as she sat down opposite Lexie as she got her makeup bag out.
"Thanks for staying over by the way. I just- it means a lot." Lexie shyly smiled.

"Don't need to thank me. It's a lot more fun getting ready with girls than an apartment full of guys anyway." Phoebe casually dismissed.

The girls continued their mindless chatter as Phoebe finished getting ready, Lexie occasionally giving her opinions and a helping hand. When Phoebe was pretty much finished, minus the heels, they heard a chorus of footsteps coming from behind them. They turned in time to see Meredith and Derek walk into the living room.

"Phoebe, hi?" Meredith greeted in surprise, having been unaware of her presence in her home.

"Hi!" She greeted cheerily. "Sorry I-"

"I asked her to stay over after the shift yesterday and she had to get ready for a date so I said she could get ready here. I didn't think you'd really mind-"

"Lexie!" Meredith yelled with a laugh. "It's your house too." She replied amused before adding, "I'm all for taking in strays anyway." She smiled.

"So a date?" Derek asked joining the conversation. "With who? Avery?" He obliviously asked.

"Jackson?" Phoebe reiterated in a high pitched voice, jerking her head back to look at Derek. Lexie's eyes widened at Derek's mistake, sharing an uncomfortable look with her sister.
"Why would you think I was going on a date with Jackson?" Phoebe laughed as if the idea was ludicrous. "No, it's with Ethan," she corrected, "Nurse Hopkins."

"Oh right," Derek awkwardly replied, "of course." He added, running a hand through his hair.

"So you guys excited for your dinner?" Lexie asked, turning the focus to the post-it married couple.

"Yes."

"No."

The couple replied simultaneously.

"Well then." Phoebe laughed. She hopped up from her seat on the floor and pushed her feet into her heeled sandals.
"So is this okay?" She asked with a turn, looking to Lexie as she played with the skirt of her dress.