need you now

Their room was draped in shadows, sheltering their laboured breaths and murmured snores. Phoebe's head rested comfortably against her pillow as Jackson's arm hung over her waist keeping her close to his chest.

The front door slammed loudly, signalling the return of those from the night shift, Phoebe's head shot up at the sound. A groan escaped her lips before she threw her head back onto her pillow. Soon after, Jackson's alarm erupted from beside her pulling another whine from her lips. As Jackson awoke a laugh fell from his chest at Phoebe's cries and her faux sad face pushing into his chest. He reached over her head to silence the alarm and rubbed her back soothingly.

"Come on, you can do it." He laughed out as he sat up.

"I feel like I barely slept, I'm still exhausted." She moaned, still laying down.

"Guess, I should stop keeping you up, huh?" Jackson teased as he moved back down the bed to hover over her.

"Shut up." She laughed covering her face from his, which was inching closer. He diverted his course and instead placed his lips against her neck and moved up her jaw. "Okay." Phoebe commented abruptly, grabbing either side of Jackson's face pulling him away from her neck so she could look him in the eye.
"This is why we are always late." She pushed him away from her and giggled as she raced to the door. She managed to get the door open before Jackson's arms reached her waist and lifted her off the ground. Their laughter fell out of the open door as Alex passed, he stopped and tiredly took in the scene.

"Gross." He muttered before he continued to the kitchen.

Phoebe laughed in response and moved out of Jackson's arms and made her way to the bathroom to get ready.

Phoebe left the residents lounge with Lexie at her side, they were in the middle of a conversation when Phoebe let out a yawn, attempting to hide it behind her wrist.

"What's wrong with you? You were yawning the whole way here, get a coffee or something." Lexie advised with amused eyes watching Phoebe cringe.

"I've already had two. If I have another, I'll get the shakes. Which you know, for a surgeon is not the best." She replied with a dramatic shake of her hands, reaching out for Lexie.

Lexie huffed in reply and took an exaggerated step away from her.
"Why are you so tired?" She asked before pausing. "Actually, I don't want to know."

Phoebe grabbed Lexie playfully pulling her closer as she linked their arms.
"Prude." She teased. "It's not even that anyway. I just can't shut my brain off to fall asleep recently."

The pair separated for their rounds and Phoebe quickly found Mark stood with Callie at the nurse's station.

"So... what have we got today?" Phoebe asked with a tired smile as she got to Mark's side.