play date

Jackson had a plan

Jackson had a plan.

He was tired of the unbalanced atmosphere surrounding him and Phoebe. Fortunately for him, they hadn't discussed the flirting issue much further. Though he was well aware that Phoebe had discussed it with some of her friends, Lexie at least, as Jackson could tell by the daily disapproving looks she shot his way.

They both had the evening off, which is all he needed to set the plan in motion. He emerged out of his room, fresh faced after a good rest and long shower, he walked into the living room to see Phoebe and Alex relaxing on the sofa watching an old rerun. Phoebe glanced up as she saw someone enter and flashed him a smile, her eyebrows quirked slightly at his attire of actual clothes and not sweats. Jackson walked over to her and extended his hand, she took it easily and he pulled her up and along the hallway until they stood outside his room.

"Get dressed, we're going out." Jackson smiled.

"Where are we going?" She asked, suspicion lacing her tone.

"It's a surprise." He replied smugly.

Phoebe rolled her eyes with a huff before wrapping her arms around his neck with a sickly sweet grin.
"But how am I supposed to know what to wear?"

Jackson mirrored her movements and wrapped his arms around her waist with a hum.
"Wear something warm but comfortable." He advised.

"But cute." She added.

"But cute." Jackson nodded.

Phoebe nodded before giving him a kiss and strolling into his room where she had left some of her clothes. She had only gotten showered an hour before so she quickly got dressed and did her makeup before meeting Jackson back in the living room.

"Ready?" Jackson asked as soon as he saw her and stood from his seat.

"Ready." She confirmed with a smile.
Jackson walked until he stood in front of her and he let his eyes travel down her figure. Phoebe raised her eyebrows at his blatant gaze, Jackson simply smiled and kissed her cheek in response.

"You look beautiful." He complimented before adding, "as always."

"Oh shut it." Phoebe laughed, "let's go."

They got to Jackson's car where he turned up the heating and kept the music low. The hum of the city had dulled down, turning off with the sun. The moon shone brightly through the dim evening sky, lighting their journey and calming their minds from their usually hectic days. The couple exchanged soft words, not wanting to disturb the peace. When they pulled up to a park filled with stalls and in the distance Phoebe spotted the main attraction; an ice rink. Phoebe turned to him with a disbelieving look as Jackson simply sat there with a large grin, clearly very pleased with himself.

"Jacks, why?" Phoebe whined with a laugh falling out at the end.

"I'm not letting you go your whole life without going ice skating." Jackson laughed as he placed a hand of her leg.