moving out

Phoebe was sat on the cool wooden floor of her old apartment, dressed in shorts and an oversized hoodie, hair plopped on top of her head, with piles and heaps of belongings surrounding her

Phoebe was sat on the cool wooden floor of her old apartment, dressed in shorts and an oversized hoodie, hair plopped on top of her head, with piles and heaps of belongings surrounding her. She stared at the organised mess she had created and panic began to trickle into her mind; they had a lot of stuff. Not only had she been tasked with packing up her own belongings to move into her new home but she also had to pack up Charles' remaining belongings and make the decisions whether to keep them, send them to his parents or depart with them.

She sat, overwhelmed, folding piles of clothes as a loud knock made its way over the sea of trash surrounding her. She stumbled to her feet knocking over a pile of clothes in the process, she let out a huff before hopping to the door where she opened it in relief.

"Thank god you guys are here." She exclaimed as she looked to her recruits; Callie and Arizona.

"Not exactly how I had planned to spend my day off." Callie commented but sent her a smile anyway.

"We're happy to help." Arizona beamed as she held up some tape and boxes they brought.

Phoebe let them come in and their eyes widened at the state of the room in front of them.

"Oh geez." Callie sighed.

Phoebe went to close the door before she was stopped by Callie.

"Wait, don't close that. We brought our own helper." She said with a smirk.

Phoebe opened the door again and peaked her head out to see a disgruntled Mark making his way down the corridor. He walked into the apartment silently and upon seeing the mess, swiftly turned around.

"Ah! Not so fast." Callie exclaimed.

"I didn't agree to this. I don't do manual labour." Mark advised.

"You agreed to hang out today. This is what we are doing." Callie replied.

"But why?" Mark asked, looking around the room.

Phoebe closed the door and clapped her hands together gaining all their attention.

"Great. If you guys could just start boxing all that stuff up and I'll look through the other bits to decide what to keep." Phoebe instructed receiving nods in response.

After an hour or so of working, Mark had spent the first 30 minutes sitting on his phone but growing bored decided to start helping. All had grown tired so decided to take a break and reconvene in the living room.

"So where's Jackson?" Callie asked with a dramatic look around the apartment to highlight his absence.

"Busy with Teddy?" Arizona teased.

"Ha ha." Phoebe replied dryly. "How do you two even know about that?" Phoebe asked as she grabbed some bottles of beer from the fridge and passed them out.