give yourself a try

The sun was blazing through the Seattle home heating the cool morning air

The sun was blazing through the Seattle home heating the cool morning air. The house was bustling with people as some got ready for bed while the others were starting their day.

Meredith and Derek were in the kitchen nursing mugs of coffee before they left for their shifts, waiting for the other residents before leaving.

The bathroom was encased with the sound of harsh water falling as steam covered the mirror. Small giggles and moans came from behind the shower curtain as Jackson and Phoebe began their day wrapped around one another. Phoebe's back was pressed against the cool tiles with her legs wrapped around his waist, as her back arched in contentment the bathroom door swung open. Jackson clamped his hand over Phoebe's mouth to mute her laughter about being caught, while Jackson yelled out to the intruder.

"Dude, hurry up." Alex yelled from the other side of the curtain. They heard his footsteps in the bathroom as Jackson gave Phoebe a faux stern look to be quiet.

"Five minutes." Jackson yelled over the running water.

They heard Alex groan in annoyance and waited to hear him leave. Phoebe was focused on not moving but her legs were growing tired, Jackson tightly gripped her thighs to keep her in place. When they finally heard the door close and his footsteps fade down the hallway, Jackson laughed into Phoebe's neck as he put her feet back on the floor.

"We should probably get washed." Phoebe laughed as she moved her wet hair out of her eyes.

Jackson shrugged with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He leant down and placed a soft kiss behind her ear and whispered, "five more minutes."

The group arrived at the hospital together, after piling out of the car they went to the lounge to change into their scrubs. Phoebe and Jackson walked together through the halls before Phoebe spotted Callie. She stopped and bid the man goodbye where he left her with a quick kiss making her smile. Phoebe walked over to Callie who watched the interaction with a raised brow.

"Not your my boyfriend my ass." Callie muttered as Phoebe approached her. Phoebe gave her a nudge as she grabbed a chart and laughed.

"He's not. We're just seeing where things go." She shrugged.

Callie let out a scoff. "Yeah with feelings involved. Just say you have com-"

"So you and Avery are a thing now?" A deep voice questioned.

The women looked away from each other at the interruption and saw Ethan stood at the desk with a furrowed brow. Callie took in his expression and took a few steps away.

"And I'll let you handle this one." She muttered as she quickly retreated. Phoebe tried to subtly grab her arm to make her stay but Callie dodged her.

"H-hi and um kind of." Phoebe stuttered in a higher pitch in reply to the nurse.

Ethan shook his head and scoffed in response. He grabbed a chart and went to storm away before Phoebe rushed over to stop him.