Eleven: Wake Up

As you were carried away to the infirmary alongside Izuku, the rest of the class stayed behind in the monitoring room to review your battle. "Despite the results... the MVP for this exercise is Young L/N." All Might announced, though you weren't there to hear it. "Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead since they're the winners?" Asui questioned. "Hmm, valid question! Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?" All Might asked.

"Sir," Yaomomo raised her hand. "I can tell you why. Y/N-- L/N aced this challenge. She was the only one that didn't have a reckless strategy during combat. Bakugou's judgement was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As he pointed out earlier, launching a large scale attack indoors was a foolish move. It could have been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage he received. He rendered himself helpless. As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid-battle. And her final attack was far too reckless, given the hypothetical stakes. If she'd treated the fake weapon as though it were real, she never would have risked using such an imprecise move. L/N, on the other hand, had almost a flawless strategy and used her quirk accordingly. If Midoriya hadn't used a devastating attack like he did, her barrier would have stayed up and time would have run out. Yes, she ended up unconscious, but only because of a side effect of her quirk, one that she didn't cause herself." Yaomomo explained. "Y-yes. Well, you did overlook a few things. But otherwise, you nailed it!" All Might gave her a thumbs up.

The rest of the battles took place and the school day came to an end. You laid in a bed in the infirmary, beside Izuku. You remained unconscious, while his eyes slowly opened. "It's... late afternoon?" He said quietly, staring at the clock on the wall. He turned his head to the side, where he saw you laying next to him. He instantly sat up. "Y/N!" His eyes widened. Your skin looked pale and your eyes had dark marks under them. His eyes fell onto the IV drip connected to your forearm and the bandages that were wrapped around your waist. Izuku hated seeing you like that. But he hated himself even more when he learned why you were like that. Katsuki was sitting on a chair beside your bed. "Shut up." He said, glaring at Izuku. "K-Kacchan." Izuku said, lowering his voice. He looked down at his arm, which rested in a sling. "What... happened to Y/N?" He asked. Katsuki clenched his fists and stood up from his chair. He walked around you to Izuku and grabbed him by the collar. "First you have the nerve to enroll here... then you show up with some fancy new quirk... and then you do that to Y/N and ask what happened to her?!" His grip on Izuku's costume tightened. "I... did that?" He asked. "Tch! Bastard..." Katsuki released his grip on Izuku and walked out of the infirmary. Izuku watched him leave and then looked back at you.

"Y/N..." He said. "Please wake up soon." He placed his hand on yours for a second before walking out into the hallway.

He made his way towards 1-A's classroom and opened the door. "Hey, it's Midoriya!" Kirishima grinned. "Man, I don't know what you were saying during that match, but you were all fired up, huh?" He held his fist up. "I can't believe you held your own against Bakugou, he's super strong!" Sero added. The class showered Izuku with compliments and words of encouragement.

"Hey, I'm Eijiro Kirishima! We've been going over training results while you were in recovery."

"Hi, I'm Hanta Sero."

"More importantly, I'm Yuga--"

"I'm Mina Ashido! And I just gotta say, your dodging was awesome!"

"Tsuyu Asui, but please, call me Tsu."

"Hey! Sato."

"And my name's Mineta!"

The class talked among themselves and introduced each other. Then, Ochako and Kaminari walked in. "Hey, Deku! Why didn't she heal your injuries?" Ochako ran over to Izuku, carrying a stack of books. "Oh, well it has to do with how much stamina I'm using." He answered. "Stamina..? Oh! How's Y/N?" She asked. "She's still unconscious." Izuku's smile dropped. "I'm not surprised... she was in pretty rough shape when the fight ended." Kirishima said. "Huh? What happened to her?" Izuku questioned. "After your crazy attack that tore up the floor, she starting spitting up a bunch of blood." Kaminari explained. Izuku looked down at his feet. "Oh..." He muttered. "I wonder why... it didn't look like she got injured during the battle." Ashido said. "Y/N's quirk allows her to create barriers at will and change the strength, size, and shape. But if one of them can't withstand an attack, the barrier will crack or shatter, which has an effect on her body." Izuku explained. "Oh... so when your attack broke her barrier, it caused damage to her body." Kirishima said. Izuku nodded. He looked up and his eyes fell on Katsuki's empty seat. "Um... Uraraka, where's Kacchan?" Her eyes followed his line of sight to Katsuki's chair. "We tried to stop him from leaving, but he wouldn't listen. You just missed him." Ochako answered.

Izuku sprinted down the stairs and through the hallways. He stopped at the doors and looked out at Katsuki, who was walking towards the street. "Wait up!" Izuku called and ran after him. Katsuki stopped in his tracks and turned around. "What?" He said, slowly. "I have to tell you something." Izuku started. "Maybe then, you'll understand what's been going on. I wasn't hiding my quirk from you! It was given to me by someone else... recently. But I can't tell you who i got it from, so don't ask. Sounds crazy... I know. It's like something out of a comic book. Only... it's real. The thing is... I don't really have any control over this power yet. I haven't figured out how to make it my own, but I'm trying. That's why... I didn't want to use it against you. But in the end it was the only way I had a chance at winning!" He said. Katsuki clenched his teeth. "I know I still have a lot to learn... that's why I'm here. You'll see... I'll work until I have full control over this borrowed quirk and I'll finally beat you with my own power!" Izuku finished. Katsuki glared at him in silence for a few seconds.

"How dumb do you think I am?" He finally said. Izuku took a step back. "Borrowed power? Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. You already made a fool out of me in that damn training exercise. So?! Did you come here to rub it in?! I lost! And to make matters worse, it was to you! I came in first in the exam... but that's not enough! When I was watching that ice guy... I realized I couldn't beat him in a head to head fight!" He placed a hand on his forehead. "Crap! And I ended up agreeing with what that ponytail girl said. My attack was so stupid! Damn it! And Y/N... she got hurt because I left her alone." He looked down at his feet. "Enjoy your win, Deku! You won't get another... I'm just getting started!" He shouted. Izuku listened to his words carefully. So did you.

"Katsuki." You said. You had woken up and spotted them from the window of the infirmary. You made your way down there as soon as you could and managed to hear their conversation. Katsuki looked up. "I'm okay. Don't worry about it." You smiled. Katsuki stared at you for a minute. His eyes were locked on yours. Izuku had turned around to look at you, relieved you were okay. Then, Katsuki's scarlet eyes broke away from your E/C ones and he turned around and kept walking. Your gaze shifted to Izuku. "As for you," You said, walking closer to him. "I'm sorry for eavesdropping. I promise not to tell anyone." You said, still smiling a soft, genuine smile. Izuku took a few steps closer to you before wrapping his arms around your bandaged waist and pulling you into a tight, but gentle hug. You soon put your arms around his neck. "Hey, what's the matter?" You asked. He buried his face in your shoulder. "I'm sorry." He said. "I'm sorry for hurting you." You closed your eyes. "It wasn't your fault at all, okay? No need to apologize. But if it's any consolation, I forgive you." You said. He smiled.

"Thank you."

----------

(A/N)

sorry this chapter is so short! i promise i'll try to make them longer