Twenty Four: Cavalry Battle

"THREE... TWO... ONE... BEGIN!" Present Mic's voice rang in your ears as the four of you started to move. All at once, every team started rushing towards your team. "This is it..." You muttered. "Here they come!" Hatsume said in a sing-song voice. "We're running away!" Izuku stated, his eyes locked on the other teams.  

"Don't think so!" One of the people on top said. You recognized him to be one of the students who came to see your class and flooded the hallway. 

His front horse swiftly planted a foot on the dirt and suddenly, the ground beneath you started to become soft, enveloping your feet. "We're sinking!" Ochako shouted. "Uraraka, Hatsume, watch your faces!" Izuku said and pushed down a button that connected to the jetpack he was wearing. It rumbled to life and the four of you were shot up into the air. "HE FLEW?! That damn support course... AFTER THEM!" The team you'd just escaped from shouted behind you. As you were getting closer and closer to the ground, you noticed Jirou's earphone jack shooting straight towards you. Your reflexes kicked in and you made a small barrier right in front of it, causing her jack to bounce off. You grinned. 

Behind you, Shoji, Tsu, and Mineta were following. Mineta was hastily throwing a barrage of his sticky balls at the ground ahead of you and Tsu tried to grab Izuku's points from his head. You dodged the balls in front of you. "Watch out, don't get stuck!" You said to Hatsume and Ochako. Almost on cue, your team came to a halt. "What's wrong?" Izuku questioned. "I'm stuck!" Ochako said. Shoji was gaining on you guys as Ochako tried to break free. You felt Izuku tense up above you as he pressed to button to activate the jetpack. The soles of Hatsume's gadget that Ochako was wearing broke off and once again, the four of you soared through the air. "My baby!" Hatsume cried. 

You stared down below you. Your eyes widened when you saw Katsuki using a chain of explosions to propel himself forward, straight towards your team. Izuku followed your line of sight. "Kacchan..." He said. 

"Don't think for a second you're safe!" Katsuki reached out towards Izuku. Panicked, Izuku shouted, "Y/N!" You instinctively made a barrier around your team and took the force of Katsuki's explosion. To his surprise, there wasn't a scratch on it. You grinned, amazed to see that you had improved and all your hard work wasn't for nothing. Katsuki narrowed his eyes at you before falling back down to his team. Shortly after, your team landed on the ground and came face to face with Todoroki. 

You examined his team. 

Iida, Momo, and Kaminari...

Your eyes shifted to Todoroki, who's gaze was locked on you. He looked back up at Izuku. "I'll be taking that now." He said, gesturing to the ten million points that was tied around Izuku's head. "He has it out for you..." You whispered. "The game is only halfway over..." Izuku said to you. "We can't give up yet!" 

"Now, Iida." Todoroki commanded. On cue, Iida activated his engines and they sped towards you. Izuku hastily looked around and shouted, "Watch your surroundings... it's not just Todoroki. Everyone's after us!" Your team was backed into a corner. You widened your stance. "I'll protect us." You said to Izuku. He stared down at you with admiration.

"I don't wanna hurt you, Y/N, but I also don't wanna lose!" Kaminari said as electricity started cracking around his body. Momo created an insulation sheet and Todoroki pulled it over the rest of his team. "Indiscriminate Shock: 1.3 Million Volts!"  You made a dome barrier around your team as electricity flowed through the air around you. You watched as the other teams around you were shocked by Kaminari's electricity and flinched as you felt strong vibrations against your barrier. "Y/N, are you okay?" Izuku asked. "Yeah, I'm fine!" You replied and dropped your barrier.

Todoroki wasted no time freezing the other teams in place and grabbing their points along the way as they continued rushing towards your team. You rushed to get away from them as fast as you could and you noticed Izuku's weight shift above you. "What's wrong?" You queried. "The jetpack's malfunctioning." He said, gritting his teeth. "Guess it needs some upgrades!" Hatsume said. "Oh no, they're too fast! We can't get away from them!" Ochako shouted.