Eighteen: Upcoming

"You guys! Did you watch the news last night?" Hagakure asked, excitedly. "It was so cool that we got a few seconds of screen time! Though, I bet nobody noticed me hanging out in the background." She continued, sadly. You smiled sympathetically at her. 

"We're totally big deals! Those news channels love us, we're basically celebrities." Kaminari said, looking back at Kirishima. You giggled, earning his attention. His eyes lit up, upon seeing your bright smile. "What's so funny, Y/N?" He asked, playfully. "Your ego's started to get as big at Katsuki's." You said quiet enough so Katsuki wouldn't hear, still grinning. Next to you, Jiro nodded. "Yeah, get over yourself. The hero course that pumps out pros was attacked and that's what they care about." 

"Who knows what would have happened if the pros hadn't showed up." Sero chimed in. You shuddered at the thought and remembered seeing your teacher after the fight. The sight was etched into your memory, his limp body covered in blood. You shook the thoughts away and ran a hand through your H/L hair. 

"Why would you say that!? I'm gonna pee myself just thinking about it!" Mineta cried. 

"OH SHUT UP! GROW A PAIR, LOSER!" Katsuki shouted in response. You rolled your eyes. You glanced over at the clock to see the big hand hit the five. On cue, Tenya burst into the room.

"Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone stop talking and take your seats!" 

"Um... we're all sitting." Kirishima deadpanned. 

"Yeah, Tenya, you're the only one standing." You smiled. 

Frustrated, he took his seat in front of Ochako. "Dang it." He mumbled. 

You leaned over the back of your chair to face Izuku. "Hey." You said. He looked up at you, questioningly. "Who do you think is going to teach class today? Since Mr. Aizawa is still in the hospital..." You asked. He shrugged. "I'm not sure. Probably--" He was cut off by the sound of the door opening. You turned to see who it was and your eyes widened. Mr. Aizawa stood there, covered in bandages with each arm resting in a cast. 

"Morning, class." He said. 

What the hell?  

"Whoa, what a pro." Kaminari sweatdropped. "Yeah..." You agreed. "Mr. Aizawa, I'm glad you're okay!" Tenya exclaimed. Mr. Aizawa limped to the podium at the front of the classroom. "My well-being is irrelevant." He said. "What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet." 

"Our fight..?" You and Katsuki said in unison, taking a quick glance at each other. "Don't tell me..." You heard Izuku's voice from behind you. More villains? 

"The U.A. Sports Festival is about to start." Your teacher announced. 

Relief mixed with excitement washed over you. You'd been looking forward to the Sports Festival all semester, determined to prove your strength. You'd seen the previous festivals, with the upperclassmen battling for top spot. It was like a fire had been lit inside you and you couldn't wait to prove yourself. 

"Let's go kick some ass!" Kirishima grinned. "Wait a second!" Kaminari said, pushing Kirishima to the side. "Is it such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asked. "Yeah, they could attack once we're all in the same place." Ojiro agreed. You shook your head. "But if they cancel it, the public will think U.A. is worried about more villains attacking." You answered. "But they are worried about that." Kaminari replied. You nodded. "Yes, but people will grow suspicious and say U.A. isn't safe anymore, which is the last thing they need right now." You explained. Katsuki raised an eyebrow at your keen observation. "I guess that makes sense." Kaminari said. "Y/N is correct. The administration is beefing up security compared to past years, as well." Mr. Aizawa stated. "This event is a huge opportunity for all students at U.A. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."