Twelve: Class Rep

You and Izuku walked to school together, like always, although this time was different. As you were nearing the gates, you noticed a huge crowd of people surrounding UA. You ran a hand through your hair. "What's going on? Did something happen?" You asked Izuku. "I'm not sure..." As the two of you moved closer to the building your eyes widened. "The press? What're they here for?" Izuku questioned. Suddenly, a news reporter wearing a dark blue blazer and holding a microphone approached the two of you. People with cameras and notebooks followed. "Hey, you two!" She said. You looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Can you tell us what it's like to work so closely with All Might?" She held the microphone up between the two of you. "Uh.. um.. sorry, we have to go to the nurses's office!" He stuttered. The reporters gaze shifted over to you. You quickly nodded in agreement with him and the two of you quickly walked up the stairs and inside the building.

 "Whoa... are they all here to ask about All Might? I didn't know the public knew he was working here." You said. "Yeah, me too." Izuku agreed. You turned around and looked out the window. The school perimeter was blocked by huge pieces of metal. "Are we on lock down or something?" Izuku's gaze followed yours. "No... that's the UA defense system. It blocks out anyone without a student ID or special permission to be on campus." He explained. "I see..." 

--------------

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys. I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results." Mr. Aizawa said. You sat at your desk, your head resting on your hand. I wonder what he thought of our fight...  From the podium up front, Mr. Aizawa's eyes fell on the boy sitting beside you. "Bakugou." He said. Katsuki looked up at him, frowning. "You're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?" Mr. Aizawa said. You managed a small smile. "Yeah, whatever." Katsuki said, surprisingly calm. "And Midoriya," Your teacher continued. "I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again." Izuku looked down at his desk. "Work harder. And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your quirk. That line's already getting old." Mr. Aizawa said with a blank expression. Izuku grit his teeth, like he wanted to retort but couldn't. "You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your quirk will be useful if you can get a handle on it." With your teachers last words, Izuku looked up immediately and smiled with determination. "Right!" 

"Now, let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future. You all need to pick a class representative." Mr. Aizawa said. Instantly, the class erupted in noise, everyone trying to convince the others to pick them to be class rep. You stayed quiet, but smiled. You didn't exactly want to be class rep, despite the many benefits that came with it, like getting noticed by pros and hero agencies. Besides, you didn't think you'd be anyone's first choice anyways. "Everyone!" Iida's voice filled the room. "The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom. Therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader!" He raised his hand. All eyes were on him, including yours. 

"Is this really the best idea?" Kaminari asked. 

"We've only known each other a few days, how're we supposed to know who we can trust?" Asui asked. 

"Guess that rules out Katsuki." You smirked.

"Hey, shut up you loser!" He retorted. 

"Besides, everyone will just vote for themselves." Kirishima pointed out. 

Iida dropped his hand. "Most people will. That means, whoever does receive multiple votes must truly be the most suitable person for the job." He explained. A piece of paper was given to everyone and you each wrote down someone's name on it. You pondered who you were going to pick for a minute. Every person in the class crossed your mind, but you always went back to the same name. You took your pencil and slowly wrote 'Izuku Midoriya' down.