Thirteen: Class Rep Part 2

All of a sudden, your lunch break was interrupted by the sound of an alarm echoing throughout the room. Everyone around you erupted in conversation, asking what was going on. Among the chatter, you heard someone say there was an intruder alert. 

"What is that?" Izuku questioned, looking for the source of the noise. 

"Warning. Level three security breach. All students please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion." A voice said over the intercom. Immediately, every student in the cafeteria stood up and rushed towards the doors. "What's a level three security breach?" You heard Tenya's voice over the sound of the alarms and the jumbled footsteps. "It means someone's managed to get passed the school barriers. This hasn't happened in my three years here! We should get going!" An upperclassman next to him said and sprinted away. The three of you stood up and quickly followed the crowd towards the door. 

The hallways were filled with students, each pushing someone in front of them in an attempt to escape the unknown danger. You instinctively grabbed onto the sleeve of Izuku's blazer, causing him to glance at your worried face. He blushed a little. "It'll be okay, Y/N." He assured you. Next to you, Ochako yelped. "Ow! This is a total mob!" She shouted over all the yelling. "Everyone was quick to react! As I'd expect from UA students!" Tenya replied behind you. "Sure, but they're causing a huge panic--" You were cut off by someone pushing you towards the glass, separating you from your friends. "Y/N!" You heard Izuku's voice somewhere among the crowd. Your eyes scanned the faces of the people around you and you didn't find any you recognized until the person who pushed you ultimately fell on top of you. His hand pressed against the glass and he pushed himself off of you, but remained in front of you. Your eyes stared into his and a feeling of déjà vu welled up inside you. 

"Katsuki..." You said. The ash blonde frowned. "Y/N." He answered. The two of you remained still while the rest of your schoolmates hurried towards the door. You noticed the position you were in and red crept onto your cheeks. He still had you pinned against the wall, his gaze locked on you as he refused to break eye contact. You finally looked away. "A-are you going to move?" You said, quietly. "Do you want to get crushed?" He asked. "No..." You responded, still refusing to look into his eyes. "Then, no." He said. A few moments passed before you heard him scoff. "All this commotion and its only the press?" He said, his eyes finally fixed not on you, but the window behind you that saw to the front gates of the school. The press from that morning was still there, trying to file into the building. 

"The press?" You asked. 

"Look outside." He said. 

You turned to look outside. "Desperate, huh?" You said, turning back to face him. He remained silent and surprisingly calm. "Surprised you haven't blown anyone up yet." You chuckled a little, trying to break the tension. His eyes met yours once again and for a moment he almost looked like he was caught in a trance, transfixed on your E/C irises. Then, he said, "Surprised you haven't used your barrier to get some more personal space." He retorted. You frowned. "Katsuki, you know that if I try, I might end up cutting someone in half." You said. He looked away, making an expression that conveyed a mix of annoyance and knowing you were right. And you were. Your quirk was defensive, but you knew that if you tried to make a barrier through an object, the barrier would slice right through. You weren't sure about people, but you figured the same thing would happen to them if you tried and you were absolutely terrified of trying. Besides, making a barrier through something solid was a little more difficult than making one in open space and you didn't ever want to waste stamina if you could help it, meaning you rarely created any through objects. Though, that was something you wanted to work on. 

"Y/N." Katsuki said, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Wh--" 

"Attention, everyone! Everything is okay!" Tenya's voice bounced off the walls of the narrow hallway, catching everyone in it's attention, including you and Katsuki. "It's just the media outside! There's absolutely nothing to worry about! Everything's fine! We're UA students... we need to remain calm and prove that we're the best of the best!" He said. He was below the exit sign and above the doorframe, in a running man position. He wasn't wearing any glasses and you wondered how he got up there. You smiled at him and he caught your eye and smiled back. Katsuki noticed this and scoffed, a peculiar feeling nagging at him in the back of his head. 

----------------

You stood in the front of the class with Izuku, who was looking very nervous. You tried your best to smile slightly and reassure him, but his nervous stature remained evident. "Alright, Izuku, you can do this." You said, quietly and softly. He nodded. 

"U-um. Okay, so we need to figure out who's going to be the other class officers! But first... I want Iida to be our class rep." He said. You raised an eyebrow. Iida stiffened up a bit, his eyes wandering over to you from Izuku. You shrugged and smiled. Izuku continued. "He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line. So I believe... he should be the one leading our class from now on." Tenya's eyes widened at Izuku's words. 

"Yeah, you know what? If Midoriya vouches for him, I'm good. Plus, he was a big help. he totally manned up and took charge, right?" Kirishima chimed in. 

"Yep! Oh, and did you notice he looked like the dude on the emergency exit signs on the wall earlier?" Kaminari agreed and grinned widely. His comment earned a small giggle from you. His eye's lit up upon hearing your gentle laugh. 

"This is a waste of time. I don't care who the rep is, just hurry up." Mr. Aizawa said from inside his yellow sleeping bag. 

Tenya stood up from his chair in the back row. "If Midoriya is nominating me for this job, then I humbly accept!" He said and pumped a fist into the air. "I pledge to carry out the duties of class rep to the best of my abilities!" 

"Sounds, good emergency exit." Kirishima smiled. "Emergency exit Iida. Don't let us down, man!" Kaminari said. You smiled at your friends watching them filled you with a sense of comfort. Maybe this year won't be so bad. 

---------

(A/N) 

so sorry this chapter is short! i promise the next one will be longer