Fourteen: USJ

"Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you." Mr. Aizawa lazily said from the podium in the front of the classroom. You sat in your usual sweet next to Katsuki and diagonal from Izuku. At your teacher's words, everyone in the class's attention piqued. Except Katsuki, of course.

I wonder if they're sending so many pros with us because of the break in...

"Sir!" Behind you, Sero raised his hand. "What kind of training is this?"

"Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that." Mr. Aizawa answered.

Your eyes lit up. You weren't as good at using your quirk for combat as you were for rescue operations. Your quirk was primarily defensive and would be great for natural disasters.

You grinned widely as your classmates started talking among themselves. This is my chance to show what I'm capable of! Between the voices, Kaminari's made its way to your ears.

"What're you smiling about, Y/N?" He asked, beside you. You turned to him. "I'm so excited! I think I want to specialize in rescue training." You replied. He smiled at your enthusiasm. "Looks like we're in for a real workout." He said. You chuckled. A light shade of pink dusted his cheeks upon hearing your laugh.

"Guys, I'm not finished yet." Mr. Aizawa's voice interrupted the class. You immediately turned your attention away from Kaminari and towards your teacher, much to his disappointment. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you," He continued. The cases containing your costumes extended from the left side of the room in numerical order. "I know you're excited about costumes. But, keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet and they might limit your abilities." Mr. Aizawa turned from your costumes to the class. "This special training is at an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready."

Everyone in the class stood up, except for Izuku. He remained seated, his green eyes looked focused, determined. You smiled. He noticed you staring at him and blushed a little. "Y/N?" He said. "Ready to go?" You asked. He nodded.

-----------------

After everyone got changed into their costumes, the class met just outside the building. You were conversing with Ochako when you spotted Izuku in the distance. The two of you made your way over to him. "Deku? Why're you wearing your PE clothes?" Ochako asked him. He was wearing the UA PE uniform with the gloves, belt, knee and elbow pads, and the bottom half of his mask from his costume. "You saw it after the combat training... it was kinda trashed." He smiled. "I'm still waiting on the support company to fix it up--" He was cut off by the sound of a whistle.

"Gather around, Class 1-A!" Tenya shouted. "Using your student numbers, form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently!"

"Tenya's really taking this whole class rep thing seriously, huh?" You said. "Yeah." Izuku agreed.

You and the rest of the class gathered around the bus and boarded it one by one. You scanned the bus for an empty seat and your eyes fell on one next to Katsuki. You carefully sat down next to him and giggled. "What's so funny?" He said, coldly. You grinned at him. "Don't you think its funny that the only empty seat happened to be next to you?" He raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying no one wants to sit next to me?" His scarlet eyes narrowed as they seemed to pierce yours. "Maybe." A few seconds passed before he stood up, preparing to start a fight.

"Whoa, whoa, I'm just kidding! Relax!" You said in between laughing. "Tch." He said at sat back down. He rested his head on his hand, facing towards the window. You figured he wouldn't want to talk, so you joined the conversation in front of you, where Izuku, Asui, and Kirishima were talking.