Twenty Eight: Y/N vs Yaoyorozu

(D/H- Dominant hand)
(PS: i added a diagram incase my wording was weird haha, enjoy!)

"Hey, I'm back." You said, taking your seat. "What took you so long, Y/N?" Ochako asked. "Just made a new friend, that's all." You smiled. "Huh? Who?" She asked. "The guy tha--"

"Everyone! I have returned." Tenya said, adjusting his glasses.

"How're you?" You asked.

"Awful. I can't believe Hatsume tricked me like that!" He exclaimed, frowning. You gestured for him to sit down, smiling sympathetically.

"Okay, folks, we're gonna charge right along to the fifth match!"

Aoyama and Mina were standing on either end of the arena.

"Let's hope that flashy belt serves some kind of purpose... it's Yuga Aoyama from the hero course!" Aoyama was striking a pose.

"Versus... is there some kind of purpose for those things sticking out of her head? From the same class... Mina Ashido!" Mina chuckled, wearing a determined grin.

"Well, everyone, it's time I retire to the waiting room." You said, standing up. "Already?" Izuku asked, staring up at you. "Yup. Wish me luck." You replied before walking into to building. Izuku felt his cheeks heat up.

You headed towards the waiting room, trying to calm your nerves. Truth be told, you were incredibly nervous and hadn't spent that much time weighing your options yet. Momo's quirk was so dynamic and you weren't positive of her capabilities. You pushed open the door of the empty waiting room and took a seat.

You figured Momo was probably also trying to come up with a strategy and you tried to think like her. You came to the conclusion that she'd probably wait for you to go on offense, considering your quirk and fighting style were both extremely defensive. This meant, you'd be attacking first. If you tried to make a giant barrier to force her out of the ring, it'd probably be easy for her to find a way around it. Also, you figured your stamina couldn't keep up with a huge barrier like that.

You could also try hand-to-hand combat. Although your hand-to-hand combat was pretty good, Momo would probably still have the upper hand. I mean, the girl could make anything she wanted.

Your only choice was to act offensively. But now, you had your training with Katsuki under your belt. 

Suddenly, it was time.

You stood up and took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping down the hallway, towards your side of the arena. Slowly, you walked out onto the center.

Momo was at the other end, standing tall.

"She was admitted because of recommendations and I think we can all see why... from the hero course, Momo Yaoyorozu!"

You heard a lot of cheering.

"Versus... the girl with the impenetrable shield... Y/N L/N!"

You winced at the sound of hearing you name. Impenetrable shield?

"Ready... begin!"

You widened your stance, grinning at Momo. She stood still, waiting. Everyone in the stands watched quietly. "Neither Y/N or Yaoyorozu seems to be moving! What are they waiting for?" Present Mic said.

"Why're they just standing there?" Ochako asked. Izuku peered down at the arena. "Yaoyorozu's waiting for Y/N to make the first move." He said. "Since Y/N is a defensive fighter, it's more challenging for her to come up with ways to use her quirk to attack." Izuku felt a nervousness inside him. "Honestly, I'm not really sure what she's going to do. I've never seen her fight offensively before." Katsuki was listening in on their conversation from the stands behind them and smirked to himself. He knew what you were capable of. After all, all your training in the summer wasn't for nothing.

After a few more moments, you created a barrier behind yourself and kicked off of it, just like in the fitness tests during the first day of school. It broke, and the shock wave propelled you forward, straight towards Momo. In a moment of sheer panic, she created a shield around her forearm and held it in front of herself, shuffling her feet apart.

There was an aspect of your quirk you'd been working on, but it took incredible precision and focus. You'd ignored it in the past because of its... dangerous properties, but this moment was the perfect time to practice. The edges of your barriers were sharp, which meant they could cut through just about anything if you made them powerful enough. That's why you typically made dome-like barriers around yourself and other people where there were no edges to accidentally cut anyone.

In order to pull off this move, you'd have to create two barriers at once. They were both small, so it wouldn't be too difficult. The first barrier was a half-dome shape and formed around your D/H palm. It was facing outwards, just in case you weren't careful enough and didn't move it far enough to not cut you. It was of a decent strength The second barrier would form around the first, at a lesser strength, but strong enough to slice through her shield. It was vertical to your palm and the sharp side was facing Momo. As you were getting closer, you moved your hand in front of you and right as your barriers made contact with her shield, you dropped them so they wouldn't go any further and accidentally reach her skin. In one swift movement, you moved your foot to her stomach and kicked her abdomen, causing her tumble backwards and fall. You landed on your feet and wasted no time before running towards her reeling your fist back, a weak barrier surrounding it, like your fight with Katsuki in chapter three and she brought up her forearms to block it, which caused it to break, releasing a shock wave that sent her backwards. You smiled.

"Yaoyorozu has fallen out of bounds! L/N is the winner!" Present mic announced enthusiastically. The audience cheered. Izuku, Ochako, and Tenya all cheered for you, smiling broadly. You smiled back before your gaze shifted farther, towards Katsuki. You flashed him a thumbs up. To your surprise, he was actually smiling too.

You looked back at Momo, who remained seated on the floor of the ring. You studied her defeated expression and felt a small piece of your soul chip away. Slowly, you took a few steps towards her. Either she was ignoring you or she was too lost in her own thoughts because her eyes remained downcast. "Momo," You said and held out your hand to help her up. "You were amazing." The smile that graced your lips was so gentle and friendly, she looked up at you and saw nothing but genuine empathy. She slowly took your hand and you pulled her to her feet.

You didn't think anyone was paying attention to you two until you heard the audience erupt in applause.

"An amazing demonstration of good sportsmanship from L/N! Brings a tear to my eye." Present Mic exclaimed. You covered your face in sheepish embarrassment and heard Momo giggle beside you.

Together, the two of you walked out of the ring.

-----------

(A/N)

my school shut down for three weeks so i will probably update on time! stay tuned! also, thank you for all the support! i love reading your comments <3