Twenty Seven: Third, Fourth, and Fifth

"Welcome back to the finals, everyone! Sorry for that long wait... the insane amount of ice from the second match has finally been cleared, though, so it's time to welcome new competitors!" Present Mic announced. The audience cheered. You sat between Izuku and Ochako and watched as Kaminari and a girl you didn't recognized walked onto the arena. You noted the vines attached to her head and wondered about her quirk.

"Even beautiful flowers have thorns... from class 1-B, Ibara Shiozaki!" You studied her focused expression and poked Izuku with your elbow. 

"Hm?" He looked at you. "I don't think Kaminari's going to do well this round..." You said. Izuku nodded. "Yeah, assuming those vines on her head have something to do with her quirk, it'll be easy to immobilize him." He agreed. You bit you lip anxiously. 

"...versus the boy with the electric personality, another hero in the making... Denki Kaminari!" You smiled upon seeing Kaminari's smug grin. He widened his stance. 

"Ready... begin!" 

You saw a great amount of electricity begin to circle his body and brought your hand to your forehead. "He really doesn't learn does he..." 

Kaminari brought his hands down to the ground and thousands of volts of electricity traveled towards Shiozaki. She quickly clasped her hands together and turned her back to Kaminari, the vines on her hair growing before forming a shield for her from his attack. You noticed the dumbfounded look on his face. As soon as his electricity died down, the vines traveled underground and popped up right beneath his feet, eventually wrapping around his entire body. 

"He's immobilized! That's all, folks! It was over in an instant." Present Mic announced. 

Everyone in the audience, aside from your class, cheered. "Geez, Kaminari..." Kirishima said from behind you. You laughed a little. 

"Guess that match really was over in an instant!" You heard an unfamiliar voice to your left and slowly turned your head to see who it was. It was a boy with blonde hair peeping over the stand divider. He had an insane expression on his face and you looked back at Ochako, who had the same confused look. Then, you remembered that the stand next to yours belonged to class 1-B. 

"Hey, wasn't class 1-A supposed to be so much better than us? Ahahahah--" His laughter was cut short as he suddenly fell to the ground. Another face popped up in his place. It was a girl, with messy ginger hair and very gentle teal eyes. "Sorry about him!" She smiled and disappeared behind the stands. 

"Who was that?" You asked. "Some jerk from the cavalry battle..." Kirishima replied, still glaring towards his direction. 

Your attention turned towards Izuku, who was scribbling down some notes in the same notebook you recognized as the one Katsuki tried to throw out the window in junior high. It was still a little burn, but it held together. You smiled at his frantic writing and quiet murmurs. 

"Well, everyone. It's time for my match. I promise to give it my all!" Tenya said, standing up. "Good luck, Iida!" Ochako gave him a thumbs up. "Good luck." You flashed him your most encouraging smile and he walked into the stadium, feeling more confident than before. 

You thought for a moment. "Tenya vs Hatsume... then Mina vs Aoyama... and then its my turn to go out there..." You said, quietly. "Yup. I wonder if Hatsume will be allowed to bring her support items... wouldn't that make things a little unfair?" Ochako replied. "Yeah, I guess so... but Hatsume doesn't have a combat-based quirk, so it could even things out a little." You observed. 

"Time for the fourth match!" You turned your attention back towards the arena. "Huh?" You said, your eyes locked on Tenya, who walked out onto the arena with some of Hatsume's gadgets attached to him.