Thirty Two: Y/N vs Ashido

For the rest of the matches in the second round, you sat next to Katsuki, much to Izuku and Ochako's dismay. Even Katsuki raised an eyebrow when you returned from inside the stadium with Izuku, who's arm rested in a sling, but didn't follow him to the front of the stands. 

"Y/N?" Izuku called to you as you stood in front of Katsuki's row. "I'm gonna hang out up here for a bit. Just until its my turn." You smiled. Hesitantly, he nodded and continued down the steps. You smiled at Katsuki who scoffed at you as you made your way to the seat beside him. He would never admit it, but he was actually pleasantly surprised and a little relieved to be sitting next so someone other than Dunce-face. 

Truth be told, you actually offered for Shoto to sit with you after your talk but he politely declined and said he needed some time to be alone. You had smiled gently in response and told him he was still welcome to it if he wanted some company, to which he nodded. 

"I'm up next... hopefully Mina's acid can't melt my barriers." You thought out loud. Katsuki glanced at you a moment and then looked away. "What the hell are you talking about? My explosions couldn't even get through your barriers, how would her stupid acid melt through them?" He said, like it was obvious. You sighed. "That's different. Your explosions aren't corrosive like that." 

He scoffed. "What, you think she's stronger than me?" He asked, coldly. You chuckled. "I didn't say that. Although I'm having a hard time strategizing against her. Judging from her fight with Aoyama she's got some pretty impressive reflexes." You stated, twiddling your thumbs. You watched below as Tenya widened his stance, getting ready to activate his engines. 

"Tch, don't be stupid. All you really  have to do is shield yourself from her acid. You could easily force her out of bounds if you wanted to." He replied, crossing his arms. Down in the ring, Tenya was about to push Shiozaki across the edge. Push her out of bounds, hmm? 

"It would take a lot of stamina... but I don't know if I can beat her in hand-to-hand combat, so I guess I've got no choice." You stood up as Present Mic announced Tenya as the winner. Your match was next.

"You know what happens if you beat Raccoon Eyes, right?" Katsuki said, though his eyes were still on the ring. You laughed a little, knowing what he was implying. "Is that a threat?" You replied. He grinned and nodded, determination flashing in his scarlet eyes. You smirked. 

"Don't threaten me with a good time." You said, and disappeared inside the stadium. 

Katsuki stared at where you'd stood, wide eyed and not without a light blush dusting his cheeks. 

I'm going to kill her, he thought as Present Mic announced that the next match would be starting soon. 

-----------------------------

You stood at one end of the ring, beaming at Mina, who stood on the other side. "Don't think I'll go easy on you just 'cause we're friends." She said, playfully. You shook your head, smiling. "Wouldn't dream of it." 

"Ready... BEGIN!" 

Mina wasted no time gathering acid in her hands and throwing them at you, which caught you off guard. You quickly side stepped, avoiding most of her projectiles. One just narrowly missed you, singeing off a strand of your H/C hair. 

"Whoa!" You shouted, as she threw more at you, barely giving you time to react. You could tell she was trying to distract you as she moved closer and closer, trying to get up close. But she couldn't focus on both at once. You noticed a slight hesitation in the time she increased her speed and in the time she hurdled more acid at you and you knew taking advantage of it was the only way you were going to win. And so you waited, dodging her attacks left and right until finally, for a brief moment, they stopped. You grinned and held both your hands out in front of you, a small light blue glow outlining them as a barrier materialized in front of you. It stretched far out and touched either side of the ring, walling off either side. 

"Sorry Mina!" You said, reeling both your hands back for a moment before pushing them out in front of you. Your barrier followed suit and followed your movement, moving farther and farther away from you and closer and closer to her. She yelped in alarm and placed both her hands on it, secreting acid from her skin in an attempt to melt it, but you'd made sure to make it thick enough so she couldn't get through. You felt a slight tingling sensation as she tried to get through, and for a moment, you thought it might not be enough. But, her feet finally crossed the border and Midnight announced her out of bounds. 

You quickly dropped the barrier and took a deep breath, listening to the sounds of cheers around you. It felt nice. You looked up to see Izuku and Ochako, shouting your name excitedly. Even Katsuki managed a grin. Somewhere in the stadium, unbeknownst to you, Shoto listened to the faint sound of your name echoing through the arena. Even he smiled a little upon hearing it.

You felt a little exhausted, not unlike the time you and Katsuki fought against Izuku and Ochako during the beginning of the year. If the fight hadn't been cut short by Izuku's crazy attack, you probably would have felt the same way as you did now. 

You looked up at Mina who sighed. "Aww man! Looks like I'm out. That was crazy impressive, Y/N!" She cheered, still managing to smile brightly at you. You fixed your posture, flashing her a thumbs up. 

---------------------

"Y/N, that was amazing!" Izuku said as you made your way down to the stands. This time, you took your usual seat next to him since Katsuki was inside, getting ready to fight. "Thanks." You smiled, making his heart flutter a little for reasons he couldn't explain. "Kacchan's up next... and Kirishima." He said. You nodded. "I think Kirishima might have this one." He continued, staring at the ring as your two classmates slowly walked towards either side of it. Katsuki was on the opposite side you'd been and you imagined if it was you he was going against instead of Kirishima. You shivered a little at the thought. 

 "I'm not so sure." You replied, after a little. "I don't think Katsuki can break through Kirishima's hardening but... how long can he keep it up? Quirks are physical abilities after all, right?" 

You watched closely as the two of them went head to head, taking note of every small movement Katsuki made. You figured that if he won, your fight would not be unlike this. You and Kirishima both had protective quirks and you wondered how long your barriers would last in comparison to his hardening, and if he lost, what you could do differently. 

The fight played out exactly as you predicted, Kirishima only being able to land a scratch on Katsuki's cheek before his hardening wore off and he got exploded into unconsciousness. You winced upon watching Katsuki show no mercy, finishing him off with a single explosion. 

"Well, with that Bakugou advances to the third round... ladies and gentlemen, our final four!" Present Mic announced as your name and picture, along with Katsuki, Tenya, and Shoto's was displayed on the large overhead screen. 

"Hey, congratulations, Y/N! That's great!" Izuku said, nudging you with his elbow. From the ring, Katsuki turned and looked up at you, a manic grin on his face. He lifted his index finger and dragged it across his neck menacingly. You sighed. 

"Thanks..." 

--------------

(A/N) 

hey everyone! i'm spending a lot more time writing so hopefully i will update more often! lots of love to you all <3