Thirty Three: Y/N vs Bakugou

Honestly, if you were Tenya, the fight against Todoroki wouldn't be something you were looking forward to either. Especially considering he'd used his left side in his fight against Izuku. Tenya had expressed his nerves right before he made his way down to the ring, to which you, Izuku, and Ochako consoled him. Although, you were more focused on the match you had coming up next. 

You still had a little time to regain your stamina, but you were starting to get worried. Todoroki's fight against Sero was really quick, and if this fight was anything like that, it would be over before you could recover as much as you hoped to. You shook your head, forcing those thoughts to the back of your mind. Tenya was strong, you had faith in him. 

You could practically feel Katsuki's burning desire for victory radiating off him behind you and it made you partially nervous and partially excited. You'd had plenty of practice going up against Katsuki, so it wouldn't be too bad, right? 

"You excited?" Ochako asked, glancing over at you. You sighed. "Hardly. Although, things could be a lot worse." You laughed. 

That much was true: you could be going up against Todoroki. Well, if you won the next match you might have to, but that wasn't something you had to worry about now. 

"It shouldn't be too bad. I mean, you do have a slight advantage, don't you?" Ochako questioned, facing back towards the fight that took place below you. "Hmm?" You asked, genuinely not knowing what she was talking about. "Since you guys used to train during the summer. You know his fighting style and stuff, don't you?" She continued. You shook your head. "Yeah, but he knows mine as well. I've got to come up with a strategy that he won't expect..." You trailed off, feeling a little hopeless. 

"In that case... you should go on the defensive." Izuku chimed in, shutting his notebook before grinning at you. You tilted your head to the side a little, inviting him to go on. 

"Your quirk is good for defense, so he'll probably try to force you to go on the offensive." He explained. "But he'll probably get tired of waiting and attack first, then you can trap him in a barrier and move it out of bounds." 

You thought for a moment, playing the scene out in your head. "Here..." Izuku said, scribbling down on a blank piece of paper in his notebook. When he was done, he lifted it up for you and Ochako to see. You giggled at his messy drawing of you and Katsuki out on the ring. Although, admittedly, it was helpful. 

"Ooh that could actually work! But wouldn't Bakugou just break through it?" Ochako asked. Izuku broke eye contact, his gaze drifting down to the ring. "Yeah, that's the thing. You'll have to make a really powerful barrier." He replied. 

You watched as Tenya was frozen solid, the defeated look on his face making a sullen look form on your own. You glanced behind you, but Katsuki was already gone. Slowly, you stood up, stretching out towards the sky. "No problem. This'll be a walk in the park." You smiled at Izuku. "Thank you." He felt his cheeks go hot as you made your way towards the door. Kirishima held his hand out as you passed him, to which you granted him a high five. "Show him who's boss, Y/N!" He cheered, flashing you a sharp-toothed grin. "Oh, I will." You replied, before disappearing into the stadium. 

-----------

"And now, the second match of the semi-finals! Bakugou versus L/N!" 

You raised an eyebrow at Katsuki, who stood across the ring. He was smiling that stupid hell-bent on beating everyone smile he always had, which made you chuckle. 

"Don't get cocky, Y/N! I'm not holding back!" He shouted. You only took a deep breath, cracking each of your knuckles. 

"Ready... begin!"