Chapter Two: Getting Closer

Y/N POV

I quickly sprinted away from WinWin and his friends. I walked a long way to the basketball court. I scoot my way through the empty chairs and sat down. It was an empty room, but I was waiting for my friend to meet me here. I heard a skirmish coming from the doors. I had noticed a few guys walked in in basketball uniforms for practice. I looked closer to realize it was WinWin and his friends. I hid my face so he wouldn't recognize me. My friend Yuna walked in and sat next to me. "Sorry, I'm late." She said. "It's alright." I made a quick smile and watched as they played basketball. "I didn't know WinWin was on the team." I scratched my head. "Yeah, my friend recently told me. She plans to meet up with us but she's been doing other classes since she's a higher year and all." She went on and we both nodded along. "Yeah. That's pretty neat I guess. We should all get together sometime for a meal or something." I suggested. "Yeah totally. Winwin's friends are pretty cute. Am I right?" Yuna smiled and leaned over the balcony to get a better view. "I guess." I laughed. "You guess? You do know you have to date eventually right?" Yuna teased. "Yeah. I just haven't found the one yet." I looked down shyly. I didn't really want to think about relationships or anything since I've been struggling with college, work, and everything else. "You will, you just have to look... speaking of which, would you like to meet my boyfriend?" Yuna jumped up. "Oh, I haven't met him yet... sure," I said quietly and she grabbed my hand and dragged me along. We waited in the hallway for her boyfriend. "Class starts again soon." I rushed. She looked at her phone. "He's coming." She looked down the hallway, almost couldn't standstill. He then slowly showed up behind her and said "peekaboo." She turned around with a smile and they hugged. She then turned to me and said. "This is Yuta." She held his arm and we both bowed. "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." Yuna and Yuta sounded pretty nice together. I suddenly saw someone run up to talk to someone behind Yuta. It was Winwin, I tilted my face down. I tried to avoid looking at him. "So I'm meeting a friend after school. He finally came for a visit." I smiled brightly. "Wait... Haechan is back?" Yuna smiled. "Yes! I'm so happy!" As we were talking Winwin took glances but I pretended not to notice.

Haechan POV

I was so glad to see my siblings and parents for the first time in a while. We spent the morning together but I wanted to catch up with a few friends while I was here. My friend Jungwoo and I got together for some bbq. We sat at a table by the window. With a large grill in front of us. "It's been so long." Jungwoo shrugged. "I know. You guys totally have to come to visit me." I started to eat. "Who is 'you guys'?" Jungwoo waved his chopsticks around. "Oh, you and Y/N I guess. You two are my closest friends here." I shrugged. "Oh-oh, her. I haven't seen her in a while. We haven't talked much since you left. She kind of made new friends." Jungwoo was eating, but I was curious. "New friends? Like who?"
"Just from her school and such. Still friends with Yuna but she has new ones as well. Don't know much since I haven't spoken much with her." Jungwoo started eating chicken. "Oh, I gotcha. I'm meeting up with her later so maybe I'll ask her about it. I kind of wanna make up for what I've missed." I leaned back. "I mean, you haven't missed much," Jungwoo mentioned. "How often do you think about her? Often?" He gave me a glare. "Just as much as a friend should." I wined. "Ah ah, I see." Jungwoo seemed curious but that was like him.

Y/N POV
The school was finally done for the day and I was heading to the dorm to get ready to meet Haechan. I felt so bad I won't be able to spend a lot of time with him when he's here because of school. I arrived at the cafe we were meeting at. I sat down at a small table waiting for Haechan to arrive. I looked out the window for him but he wasn't out there. I suddenly got a text. "If you're free, Would you like to study with me tonight?" It was from Winwin. I had a sudden smile. I texted back: "sure! What time?" I then looked up and saw Haechan walking in the door. With his fuzzy gray hair, a white sweater, and black jeans. He noticed me and approached. He scoot his way into the pew. "Are we gonna order food is just coffee good?" He looked at the menu.