Chapter Twenty Five: The Last Thing to Expect

I took deep breaths. Haechan was next to me, cuddled up a blanket. I felt my heart pounding in my chest. I jumped off the bed suddenly. I started to freak out. I looked around the room, but my eyes kept wanting to look back at Haechan and his small face. I gulped and looked down. I took a deep breath. I quickly made my way out of the room and closed the door behind me. "What exactly happened last night?" I thought. I had a nervous feeling in my chest. I searched my mind, trying to remember what exactly happened. 

I suddenly heard someone down the hall. I noticed Mark in gym shorts and a t-shirt. He was drinking a glass of water. He noticed I was standing there, he placed his glass on the counter and took a gulp. "I guess you're wondering why you're here." 
I took a small nod, and slowly dragged my feet to approach him. 
He took a deep breath. "Well, First off, when did you start drinking that much?" Mark made a sudden chuckle, then coughed. As he said that I had a sudden flash of memory.

In a flashback of my mind, I was sitting on the couch. Haechan started to shake me to wake me up. "Y/N, Y/N." He repeated in a whisper. "Everyone is starting to leave." 
My eyes slowly opened. I swung my head back and forth. My head had felt heavy. I rubbed my eyes to noticed Mark, Johnny, and WinWin were the only ones there besides Haechan and I. "D-Did everyone leave?" I muttered as I still was waking up. "Yeah. I left you to be because you looked so peaceful while sleeping." Haechan made a small smile. "You should've woken me up." I nudged his shoulder. I still kind of felt an odd uneasy feeling. "I am hungry," I mumbled as I felt my stomach growl. "Should I get some food?" Mark looked over at us. "Sure, I am up for it." Haechan shrugged. Mark got up and called on the phone. He opened the fridge and got beer bottles out of the fridge. "After the food gets here, I will take you home, okay?" Haechan rubbed my shoulder. I nodded with a smile. I was finally awake. Mark sat down and handed all of us a bottle. I suddenly remembered that Haechan had drunk earlier. "Are you sure you can have that?" I looked over at him. "Don't worry, I won't drink that much." A quick smile flashed on his face as he took a sip of the drink. I put my bottle down. The others gathered around us as we were preparing for the food. I sat on the floor with the table in front of me. WinWin, Johnny, and Mark sat on the couch. Haechan sat next to me. I wiped my nose as the others were taking sips of their drinks. "Are you sure you don't want any?" WinWin looked over at me. I made a small nod. "I have to take Haechan home." I looked over at Haechan, drooping his small head. WinWin realized and chuckled. "I thought he was supposed to take you home?" Johnny chuckled as he took another sip. Our food ended up getting here. Mark put the take out food on the table and we all started to eat what we wanted. "There aren't many placed open right now, so, it might not be the best." Mark shrugged as he took a bite of the noodles. "I mean, I could've just made ramen. I am pretty good at it." Johnny bragged. I chuckled as I started to eat. I looked over at Haechan again and it looked like he was starting to sleep. "He sure gets drunk easy." Mark laughed. "It's because he's a cinnamon roll," I said as I lightly tapped Haechan's leg. His head popped up. "Oh hey," Haechan said with a smile on his face. "Do you want to eat?" I asked him. 
"Yeah." He quickly nodded and started to eat. 
"You guys are very odd." Mark chuckled. 
"What do you mean?" I fixed myself and took another bite of chicken. 
"You seem like you're dating but you aren't." Mark laughed. The other's eyes widened. 
"But we are." Haechan suddenly said.
At that very moment, I felt my heart start to skip. I looked over at Haechan suddenly and his head was drooping again. "You are?" WinWin almost choked on his food. 
"We are?" My eyes widened. "We Aren't." I chuckled nervously while trying to wake Haechan up again. I suddenly got thirsty. "Can you get me something to drink?" I asked as I was still focused on Haechan still. My heart was thumping so hard because of what he said. "Did he only said that because he is drunk, right?"I looked down, then looked back up because Mark handed me a glass. I took a sip of it, then it was stinging my mouth. I swallowed it quickly. "What did you give me?" I glared at Mark, coughing. "You said you wanted a drink." 
"I meant water." I coughed. "I get drunk easy."
"You too?" Johnny started to laugh. "You two are really similar." 
I started to get nervous, tired feeling. WinWin filled my glass again. "What are you doing?" I glared at him. "You should drink more." WinWin smiled softly as he handed it to me. 
I took it. "But, why?" I squinted. "Just do it." Johnny took another sip of his. 
"No." 
"What if Haechan told you to do it, would you?" 
"U-Uh." I didn't reply. 
I took a big gulp of the drink. "Okay, but this once, okay?" I rolled my eyes. I didn't know what I was doing. "I should be more responsible than this."
Everyone smiled quickly. We all finished eating. After a bit of time, I tried to stand up but I started to stubble. "I Should take Haechan home now," I muttered. I looked down at Haechan who was swinging his head around. But, my eyes felt so dim. "Why did I do this?" As the others were looking at me, I started to fall over. I couldn't control myself. I suddenly opened my eyes to see Haechan, holding onto me. "Why are you drinking?" His face was right above mine, looking down at me. "U-uh." I could barely focus but my heart was beating so fast. I gulped but then felt a sudden clench in my stomach. I sat up, hurdling over. "I-." I rushed around. "Oh shoot." Mark panicked, stood up, and grabbed my arm. I was running with him to the bathroom. As soon as I made it to the toilet, I threw up. I could barely focus on what was happening. The next thing I remembered was that I woke up with Haechan.

Mark had a smirk on his face. "I guess you remembered?"
"I was so tired last night, why did you give me a drink? Aish...I have been drinking more lately and I hate it." I took a deep breath of frustration. "But, what happened after that? Why did you put Haechan in a bed with me?" I raised my eyebrows. "Well, I was originally planning just to put you in the room since you were too sick to go home...but." Mark then looked away because he seemed nervous. "But? But what?" I yelled out. "Haechan insisted on being there with you," Mark said quickly as he took a sip of water. "You seem to be doing good with the hangover, but Haechan might be different. So, take care of him as I head to school." Mark started to walk away. "But, I need to go to school too, don't you think?" I glared. "Well, Someone has to take care of cinnamon roll Haechan, don't you think?" Mark grinned as he left. "What's that supposed to mean!?" I yelled back at him, but he didn't answer. "Aish.." I looked down, embarrassed in myself. I stomped my foot. "Why do we always get drunk?" I slowly made my way back to the room. I saw that Haechan was still cuddled up, holding onto his blanket. "Why did you insist on staying in with me?" I muttered as I looked down at him. My heart was fluttering in the moment. "Because I feel safer that way," Haechan whined and started to stretch. I freaked out because I didn't know he was awake. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were awake." I looked around frantically, thinking of what I could do for him. Haechan slowly pulled himself up, then rubbed his eyes. "It's fine." He yawned. "Do you need anything? I can make you some porridge?"
"That'll be nice." He yawned again and slightly closed his eyes. I went to make some for him. I came back and handed him a bowl. He slowly started to eat it. "Thank you." 
"There's coffee here too, which helps with hangovers too." I nodded with a smile. All I could do was look at Haechan's small face and smile. He looked so soft, and content eating. I felt my heart feel light. I didn't know what else to say because I was so nervous. But, I was happy he was there with me. 

I looked back to see that my phone was ringing. I picked it up and answered it. I had a smile on my face as I said: "Hello?" 
But, the voice on the other side of the phone made a sudden feeling in my chest start to sink. 
"It- It is Renjun..." I heard my mom start whimpering. The scared feeling I got when I heard that, was deep. My eyes ran around, trying to comprehend what she was saying. "What's wrong?"
"He got into an accident. You should come as quick as possible." I heard my mom try to hold onto her breath. I hung up the phone slowly. I started trembling because I didn't know what was going on, or what I was going to do. I started to rush my eyes around trying to grip on the feeling. "What's wrong?" Haechan looked up at me. "Renjun...Renjun got in an accident." I then started to run and grabbed my bag. I rushed out as quickly as possible. As I tried to walk out the front door, Haechan grabbed my arm. "You should take it calmly. You don't want to be unsafe. Let me come with you." He said sternly. With the stare he was giving me I started to feel a bit scared. "I am scared. I need to get there to him." I ran out the door, with Haechan following me. I could barely think. All I could do was run. I made my through the crowd, and to the subway. I tapped my feet as I waited for the train to come in. I looked at my phone to check the time. I started to feel an uneasy feeling. "Can't it come faster?" I started to get impatient because the fear in me was growing. I saw Haechan running down the stairs. "Why are you coming with me?" 
"Well, Renjun is like my brother. I want to be by you guys." Haechan swung his bag over his shoulder as he approached me. I looked down slowly. "I am scared." That is all I could say as I heard the rumbling of the train approach. As the train stopped and people ran out. I hurried my way in, with Haechan by my side. I looked around and made a way to a seat. I sat down with a big sigh. I was getting impatient, but there was nothing I could do was wait. Haechan made his way over to me and sat down. "I am having a hard time keeping up." He chuckled, trying to cheer me up, but all I could do is stare at my feet. 
I felt him staring at me. "It's going to be okay. Renjun is really strong and your parents are there with him." Haechan placed his hand on my shoulder. "I know it's really scary. But, I know no matter what happens, I will be here with you. So, you don't have to be scared." Haechan made a soft smile. By his words I felt my spirit get a bit lifted, I was still worried, but the feeling of him being beside me made me feel a tight grip on my chest. I looked over at him slowly, seeing that he had a concerned look on his face. I sighed and looked back down. "Thank you." I felt reassured, but also very scared. I tried to distract from the nervousness, but I couldn't stop tapping my feet. I felt a warm feeling touch my hand. I looked up to see Haechan holding onto my hand. My heart started to beat. My eyes were widened. I gulped. "I have some snacks. You didn't get to eat yet, right?" As he said that I frantically looked up at him. "U-Uh." I started to stutter but I wanted to hide that I was nervous. "Yeah. I was too distracted I guess." I made a slight nod. "Why is he holding my hand?" My eyes and heart wouldn't stay still. Haechan rummaged through his bag then placed a bag of Oreos, cookie biscuits, and chocolate on my lap. "I know it isn't really nutritious but, still tasty," Haechan said in a cute voice, then opened a bag of chips and started to eat them. I was so stunned by his acts, All I could do was stare at him. I didn't feel anything else but my heart beating so recklessly. His face was so lifting to me. He stuffed his face with chips and looked over at me. "It's okay, eat." Haechan shrugged forward. I snapped out of my trance and started to open the bag. "I don't know if I can eat it, though." I chuckled nervously. "Why not?"
"Well, I am just really nervous so, I don't know if I can stomach anything." I made a light smile.
"You have to eat. It's not good to have an empty stomach, especially since you drank last night. You need to be full!" Haechan started to look around the train. I didn't know what he was doing. He suddenly got up and walked up to someone, and handed them money. "What is he doing?..." I muttered as he walked back to me. He handed me a packaged sandwich. "What is this?" He gave me a soft look. "Well. I figured you didn't want to eat snacks. So, I saw that guy had sandwiches, so I paid him." Haechan sat back down with a shrug. I looked down at the sandwich. "He's doing so much for me.." I thought and tried to get my mind off of my worries. I opened the box then started to eat the sandwich. It tasted really good for some reason. "Is it good?" Haechan rubbed his hands together. "Yeah." I nodded softly. "Thank you." I felt really thankful for him, I didn't know how to express it to him. I looked at him as he was looked down at his hands. His face had a worry on it. "He must be worried too...but he's here comforting me."